7 Colors

PaleoHunter

Nov 28, 2011
Heartland
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's one of my most colorful artifacts I personally have picked up, sadly broke, it is very well flaked...would have been my best nebo in my collection. I count 7 different colors within. Let's see some of your best...full or broke...most colorful pieces!
7color.jpg

1point

Mar 13, 2011
Central Iowa
Ahh the rainbow of colors! I will have to dig through some and get a pic or two. Sprig, that one still has dried buffalo blood on it! :wink:

Sprig

Mar 10, 2011
I hope Chief Lee post some. He has a collection of some of the most diverse colors I've seen in points.

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I should have you come to Western IA to help me find some stuff. I have a few areas to look at but I dont really know what Im really looking for in area. Any pointers be helpful...Terry.

OP
OP
PaleoHunter

PaleoHunter

Nov 28, 2011
Heartland
Primary Interest:
Other
IAsoldier- My best advice for getting on to some sites over in your part of the state would be talking the older generation of farmers. One can learn a lot about an area's history over a cup of coffee. Stop in at one the local morning coffee shops or cafes. I actually did this and it turned out in my favor. On the flip side- I also know from personal experience that many folks are now hunting flint and stone, or saving their creeks and fields for other family members, so keep positive, and be persistent... and you will eventually be flipping up some nice flint.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread