7 inch long, 2 Holed, Archaic Slate Gorget

rootdigger

Aug 5, 2007
I have a real nice Archaic Geen Banded,2 Holed, Slate Gorget I'm trying too find an Appraisel for, I found it years ago in Michigan, "Yes on private property and Yes with permission". I've searched for an appraiser on the internet with no luck, does anyone know of any? I've attached photo's and can send more on request. thanks, And I hope I have the right board. thanks.

Attachments

• indian gorget 001.jpg
    indian gorget 001.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 494
  • indian gorget 002.jpg
    indian gorget 002.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 520
  • indian gorget 003.jpg
    indian gorget 003.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 451
  • indian gorget 004.jpg
    indian gorget 004.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 474
  • indian gorget 005.jpg
    indian gorget 005.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 450
Upvote 0

badandy

Aug 31, 2005
Collinsville, IL.
WOW! That's all I can say about that. What a super artifact. Are you planning on selling that beauty, or just trying to find out a monatary value? I wouldn't sell that thing if I had to. Great photo's as well. Looks to have been reed drilled from the pics. I'll send you a P.M. of a value I think it is worth. It all depends on if you find the right person as to how much you could get for it though. Thanks for posting it for us to look at.
badandy

OP
OP
R

rootdigger

Aug 5, 2007
badandy
Your welcome and Thanks! not sure on sell.unfortunately, might have too. yes, she is a beauty tho. I had it since the mid 70s. so, kinda fond of it! so, for now. hopefully, just a true value. whats a P.M. LOL.. new too me..

Adena_man

Feb 5, 2007
Nicholasville, Ky
Very, very nice! I would do everything I could to keep from selling it. Once it's gone, you will probably never be able to get it back or replace it. I would hold on to it for dear life! You don't see those very often!

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Rootdigger, that is a very nice piece, you
should get a great price if you sell.
A PM, is (a private message), just press below the
Avitar, (picture & info of members), to send one, then type
in your message & push post, no one can read it but the
person you send it to.
(A message will pop up if you receive one)

Fossis..............

A

Atlantis0077

Afternoon

That is indeed a nice piece. Two holes...slate of good length...reasonably well done.

I am certainly not an appraiser and would never consider selling something like that if I had actually found it, but for sake of argument I would put a value on your piece somewhere between 450-650. I am normally a bit conservative as it could go higher in the right circumstances.

I am going to try and get some photos on tomorrow. Finally had a little luck....and one total heart breaker....will want some advice on whether I should have it reworked or just leave it to cry over..... :'(

HH...Atlantis

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread