7 more coins; only the Merc saw his shadow.

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
As we Pennsylvanians get set to gather in Punxsutawney tomorrow to find out the fate of our weather, February came in like a lamb today. It was almost as nice as yesterday's 60 or 61, with periods of sun and gentle breezes. I went back to the yard where I harvested four Roseys yesterday and was getting skunked; near the end of my time, I had two wheats and four Memorials. Finally, just before the school pickup alarm sounded, I gathered in this 1920S Merc, which, in the bright sun, did see his shadow. I'm not sure what that means; perhaps an early spring for silver, I don't know. I also found this lapel pin with a passenger railcar on it. Should I assume that 1916 was it's issue date? It has MCBA under the car, and the numerals 411 at the bottom. A little help on this will be appreciated!

Attachments

• ralphmerc 001 (Small).jpg
    ralphmerc 001 (Small).jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 609
  • ralphmerc 002 (Small).jpg
    ralphmerc 002 (Small).jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 676
Upvote 0

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The RR pin is fantastic and very collectable.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool passenger car builders pin , pretty sure Nana is correct . it's groundhog day PA Phil emerged from his lair and saw his shadow , 6 more weeks of winter & already it feels like spring which is fine with me :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread