Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think you'll be surprised....

Sell the Mojave
:occasion14:
I have an Eldorado. I was just referencing that the coil would be the same one as used on the Mojave. So your saying it’s a solid performer on the Eldorado umax. I have the 5.75 permantly on the vaquero and love it.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an Eldorado. I was just referencing that the coil would be the same one as used on the Mojave. So your saying it’s a solid performer on the Eldorado umax. I have the 5.75 permantly on the vaquero and love it.

Just thinking, put the 7" on the ElDorado, it'll be several inches deeper than the Mojave. And weighs the same....

The Mojave isn't all the pixie dust people wanted to believe in when it came out.

OP
OP
IowaRelic

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had a vaquero first with 2 coils. Saw no need for the Mojave. Love the graphics though! Now with my Eldorado and 3 coils I have it covered. If I choose a 7”. I love the 8” doughnut on the compadre but am looking for the solid disc shape. I hate getting caught in brush and stubble with the 9x8 and sometimes the 8. I would LOVE scuffs for the spoked concentrics that would only leave the center hole open. That would be great

HistoryStudent

Feb 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Consider the 5 3/4 inch concentric coil too. Not only is it small but it has a very low profile too.

HistoryStudent

Feb 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh. Sorry. You already have the 5 inch. If you get the 7 inch make sure it's the new one for the Mojave, as you mentioned. The older version is thicker and heavier

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
Will the 7” concentric like on the Mojave be a good fit on my Eldorado u max? I have the 12x10 and 9x8 now wanting a trashy site coil. The 7” is one I’ve never used but bet would like it.

you'll love it in the "junk'..i use mine in curb strips and totters and do well!
separates the "nuts!"

(h.h.!)
j.t.

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
Just thinking, put the 7" on the ElDorado, it'll be several inches deeper than the Mojave. And weighs the same....

The Mojave isn't all the pixie dust people wanted to believe in when it came out.

doesn't need to be! gets down around 7" or 8" or so..plenty deep enough for trashed sites!
i love mine! sweet audio! ..terrific little trash coil! i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Last edited:

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
doesn't need to be! gets down around 7" or 8" or so..plenty deep enough for trashed sites!
i love mine! sweet audio! ..terrific little trash coil! i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Agreed, I use the Compadre most of the time in the summer, you need a drill and dynamite to get below 4 or 5 inches when our clay soil sets up for the summer....

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
believe it ,or not!..MOST of the time getting down 4",or 5"
gets it done! i live in "new england',been at it for over 35 years.
most of the '"stuff" comes out around 5" to 6" around here,
to include coppers at over 200 years old!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

OP
OP
IowaRelic

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
believe it ,or not!..MOST of the time getting down 4",or 5"
gets it done! i live in "new england',been at it for over 35 years.
most of the '"stuff" comes out around 5" to 6" around here,
to include coppers at over 200 years old!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
I agree with this totally for my more in town sites. But when I get into cattle pasture and big fields depth and sensitivity are super important. I dug a brass rivet at all of 10” on Sunday in a trodden cow lot. The vaquero smacked it good with the 5.75 concentric

OP
OP
IowaRelic

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey I was checking out serious detecting website for the 7” epsilon concentric and they list 2 options. Both 5 pin both black both with scuff. There is one digit difference in p/n. Which one would work for the Eldorado umax? Or are they the same and the website is just wrong?

Mojave1

Jul 2, 2018
NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre- Garrett At Pro- Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I owned 3 Tesoro's at one time this year. Silver Umax , Mojave and Vaquero. I've had better luck finding stuff with the cheaper ones. The Vaquero felt too heavy after using the other two and it does not beep as loud when it hits a target. I even air tested them and I could get no more than 1 inch better with the Vaquero in disk mode. I have since sold the Vaq and do not miss it.

HistoryStudent

Feb 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I was checking out serious detecting website for the 7” epsilon concentric and they list 2 options. Both 5 pin both black both with scuff. There is one digit difference in p/n. Which one would work for the Eldorado umax? Or are they the same and the website is just wrong?
One might have the long cord

OP
OP
IowaRelic

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I owned 3 Tesoro's at one time this year. Silver Umax , Mojave and Vaquero. I've had better luck finding stuff with the cheaper ones. The Vaquero felt too heavy after using the other two and it does not beep as loud when it hits a target. I even air tested them and I could get no more than 1 inch better with the Vaquero in disk mode. I have since sold the Vaq and do not miss it.
That’s too bad about your vaquero. Mine is my first detector. It will never leave. My air tests are disappointing with it as well as the Eldorado. But in the dirt is a different story. I’m confident in my vaquero with 5.75 coil. It’s feather lite and plenty deep. My only complaint is the tone. The Eldorado and compadre really have beautiful tones. The vaquero sounds more like what it is; a rugged diesel powered workhorse makes lower grunts and Finds whatever is there. Actually the vaquero and Cibola always sounded like a duck to me. The others sound much better. Why Tesoro never went with 3 tones and adjustable tone on all models is beyond me.

OP
OP
IowaRelic

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Any ideas on the 7” coil p/n though?

Kitz

Nov 12, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Golden Umax, Bandido II Umax, Sand Shark. DeepTech Vista X. Minelab Vanquish 540.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any ideas on the 7” coil p/n though?

According to <http://www.tesoro.com/product/coils/epsiloncoils.html>, S-7RC-SW-E-THIN appears to be the one.

-Ken

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions