$700 customer wrapped halves. Nice score with pics

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
My work to me to the edges of metro Detroit today. I stopped at a few banks before work and picked up some rolls of cents and about $150 in dimes from 3 banks. The dimes were skunks, and I have not searched the cents yet. I found TCF bank (one of my dump banks) and dumped the dimes and about $200 of other coins. I still had about a 1/2 hour to kill before work and stopped a small town bank that was in an office building, not a stand alone bank. I asked for $3 in cents and once they said yes, I asked if they had an halves, "loose or in rolls". The guy teller said they had some rolls in the vault. He brought out $200 worth. I asked if that was all of them, he said that there was a lot more. He went back and brought another $500 all in customer wrapped rolls, about 5 different kinds of wrappers. I had just enough cash to by them all. As I was making the transaction the teller next to him said she was glad I was taking them because the can not ship them out until the have $2000. I asked if these were brought in by just one person, and she said they had been there a while and had been brought by various people.

i ended up with 28 40%, and 2 clad with weld marks, (I kept those aside as I think they may jam up my dump banks coin machine).

The best part was my second job of the day was near another dump bank and I was able to cash out all my halves the same day.

Keep on Searching
Dad and Tanner

Attachments

• DSCF4433.JPG
    DSCF4433.JPG
    937 KB · Views: 117
  • DSCF4436.JPG
    DSCF4436.JPG
    313.3 KB · Views: 93
Upvote 0

Flex68

Dec 10, 2013
SW Virginia
Detector(s) used
Currently researching to buy
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I asked if that was all of them, he said that there was a lot more. He went back and brought another $500 all in customer wrapped rolls, about 5 different kinds of wrappers.

Always makes one's pulse race to see that, lol.
Great finds!

danya

Feb 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice.

Congrats, and good luck with future rolls! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread