$75.000 in raw gold lost in Calif.

Roadquest

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2005
C.R. HKt.B Sometimes there's not a right way, or
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A rich Chinese merchant named Wah Chang Who lived in Coulter, Mariposa Co., hid
about $75.000 in raw gold on his premises for a large number of miners. But he was
murdered the night before he was supposed to have shiped the gold to the refinery
and was never able to disclose the location. The ruins of his store and house remain
in the town.
Clayton.....Roadquest

L

La Panza kid

That sounds like a good search good luck. thanks for the story.

Klaatu

Apr 24, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
What year was the gold lost? If you knew the year you could look up the value of gold at that time.

Let's assume gold was worth $20/ounce when it was lost. That $75,000 in gold would be worth over $2 Million today with gold trading around $550/ounce. If gold was trading at $15/ounce when it was lost it would be worth $2.75 Million.

Now THAT would be a nice find. And one I would keep very quiet (if you know what I mean). :-X

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Klaatu said:
What year was the gold lost? If you knew the year you could look up the value of gold at that time.

Let's assume gold was worth $20/ounce when it was lost. That $75,000 in gold would be worth over $2 Million today with gold trading around $550/ounce. If gold was trading at $15/ounce when it was lost it would be worth $2.75 Million.

Now THAT would be a nice find. And one I would keep very quiet (if you know what I mean). :-X

Read my new post about "Lesson in Treasure Legend Values 101..."

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread