$75 in halves....

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Remember if you are finding these halves in with other dated halves, they are not (technically) uncirculated.

We came up with a new term for these a month or so ago on this forum as folks, myself included, were finding large numbers of these bright, shiny, sharped edged, ten plus year old halves. The ones I were finding were 96-D.

Since they can't be called "BU", we came up with "BAU" (Brilliant Almost Uncirculated).

I took ten rolls of these 96-D BAUs to a coin show last month to try to sell. A couple of dealers showed me their gray sheet; indicating they could only pay $11 per roll. So, when I found one guy who would pay $11.50, I sold them; but he would only take two rolls.

The rest went to my dump banks and you could very well be looking at some of them right now. 8)

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The numismatic term "uncirculated" doesn't necessarily mean it hasn't circulated, it's simply an indication that it shows no signs of wear. If you buy a BU coin from a dealer you can technically say it has now circulated. Bottom line: if it exhibits no wear on any of the design high points, it is uncirculated, no matter if you got in pocket change, bank rolls or wherever you found it.

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job, maybe you can put them all in a book and sell them

HH
-GC

OP