75 ways of gold recovery

solarsmith

Mar 27, 2016
Denver
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
this Book is available at scribid and can be viewed on line for free. it is a MUST read for any one that needs to recover gold from placer or hard rock.
all methods have the same chart so comparing recovery rates is easy. it also gives key info on how all recovery systems work. Bryan In Denver Colorado. 75ways.jpg 75ways.jpg

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, VERY good info. That was written by Robin Grayson - aka: Steppegold. Quoted from another forum, "Robin is a British Geologist who lives in Mongolia and works in many areas in that part of the world."

Another site with all of that info (for free) is http://www.mine.mn/Robin_Grayson_gold_recovery.htm ....Curious - the site seems to be down at the moment.

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
Yes, VERY good info. That was written by Robin Grayson - aka: Steppegold. Quoted from another forum, "Robin is a British Geologist who lives in Mongolia and works in many areas in that part of the world."

Another site with all of that info (for free) is http://www.mine.mn/Robin_Grayson_gold_recovery.htm ....Curious - the site seems to be down at the moment.
Web page not available. ..
edited tried again... server not found....

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW! Thanks arizau!! I had downloaded the parts that interested me, but that site seems to be gone now. Your fist link did the entire book. ...Now just have to back it up!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I grabbed it and downloaded to my Kindle app...good stuff...always more to learn!

Impster

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed in the "Chlorine – chemical leaching of gold"
nd
stage – recovering gold from solution
The liquid is decanted from the bucket and filtered.
The filtrate includes leached gold as gold chloride
aqueous
To precipitate the gold from the pregnant solution,
several methods are available: sodium metabisulphate,
Sodium metabisulphite will precipitate gold not sulphate

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, guess that goes to show you can't believe everything you find online. :tongue3:

Is probably a typo - but I wouldn't know!! Hoping to try my hand at mining some day but "that day" seems to be getting farther and farther away. :crybaby2:

Impster

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, guess that goes to show you can't believe everything you find online. :tongue3:

Is probably a typo - but I wouldn't know!! Hoping to try my hand at mining some day but "that day" seems to be getting farther and farther away. :crybaby2:

Not a typo its 2 different chemicals, I learned a lot about gold refining on GRF forums

joeten

Mar 24, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi KCM, wondering if you still have a full copy of the Gold Miners Handbook by Robin Grayson. Be chasing a copy but cant seem to find it anywhere, except individual pages on Scibd.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread