Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got permission last night for a couple field sites, and had today off work, so you know what I was gonna do! Found the first site and was walking into field got a nickel signal, was a piece of lead, second signal, same thing a solid nickel signal, this one however was a 1867 shield nickel....sweet way to start the day! After that I dug every nickel signal, and they were ALL lead, bummer! I found a cool butt plate from a muzzle loader, gave a screaming signal, was hoping for silver, but I will take a cool relic anytime! Got the half cent token and thought it was a LC, it is toast, but still cool to find. The indian was great shape too, 1881.

I included my junk pile to show you everything I dug, I dig every solid signal above iron in the field. Broken bells, scraps of brass, copper, shotgun shells, and lots of lead!

On the way to the car, I got a nice 12-41 signal, looked down and saw a green disk peeking out of the bean stubble, bent over and just picked it up.........awesome shape 1864 2 center!!! It would be mint if it wasn't for those irritating verdigris bumps! So 1867 shield nickel, 1864 two center, 1881 indian, and a toasted NO date HALF penny token, for a total of 8 1/2 cents!

I'd say it was a successful day OFF WORK.....lol

DSC00637.jpg

1379712_665964313428533_2011337500_n.jpg

DSC00645-1.jpg

DSC00638.jpg

DSC00644-1.jpg

Upvote 12
Wow......... Now that is a productive hunt. Congrats:icon_thumleft:

Great day off from work

Nice find, too bad the 1864 is the large motto version.

Now those are some great finds G4E. Great photos too. :thumbsup:
That 1864 - 2 cent is a beauty.
Way to go!
-MM-

Beautiful finds Brother ! You definitely are living the dream - You should take a few more days off of work !

(hell , I'd probably quit my job !)

Beautiful finds Brother ! You definitely are living the dream - You should take a few more days off of work !

(hell , I'd probably quit my job !)
man I'd love to quit and just detect everyday!!!

What a great day you had. :occasion14: The IH is in sweet shape. I see what you mean by the verdigris bumps on the 2 center.... still a great find. My junk pile looks pretty much exactly like that after a day in the field. Still looking for my first shield nickel and that halfpenny token is sweet too. Congrats! :thumbsup:

A good day in the field.
Wish my 2 center looked half as good.
The half P. is no doubt a canadian either breton 963 or 996

Attachments

• 963.jpg
    963.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 336
  • 996-r.jpg
    996-r.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 344
  • 996-o.jpg
    996-o.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 353
Awesome photos of some great finds. Love the Indian and the two center.

Did you find any other gun parts? That looks like a Kentucky long rifle butt plate.

A good day in the field.
Wish my 2 center looked half as good.
The half P. is no doubt a canadian either breton 963 or 996
thanks for the ID, I think my sad eyes can make up part of the ship

Did you find any other gun parts? That looks like a Kentucky long rifle butt plate.
nope not yet!

G4E,That field has been good to ya.

Great hunt for sure the 2 cent copper is a sweet looking coin.

Awesome finds. But what is that crotal bell doing in your junk pile?
that is just a piece of a crotal bell, it will go in my scrap bucket, I have 35-40 complete ones, I don't save pieces

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back