8.1 gram day

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well the day started off the same the 2 hour walk to my digsite I actually love the walk there. its the walk back I have dispute with... Anyway the day started of the same me hammering on some rocks. I have been on a really hard spot.. It just does not want to play. Anyway I was getting tired of hammering and getting nowhere. So I figured I tag the other side of the river and work my other pay area and see if it the rock would be a little more forgiving.. So I grab the pan and start cleaning up all my scraps About three pans worth nothing really to keep me at it.. Well as I am moving my Tailing pile a fracture catches my eye.. I didn't realize it but I managed to undercut a crucial slab in another crack. One thing lead to another and I'm walkin home with 8.1 grams. All nice little chunky gold. I got allot of breaking to do as I exploited "easy pickens "today.. Their always seems to be at least one section that seems invincible. .Well I 'll just beat on it till it breaks or turns to dust. I rather it break...

Upvote 0

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice huge pile you got there. Makes the trip back up the hill worth it!

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
WOW!!!!!
woot-035.gif

You've really been putting in the work, and the rewards seem to be following. You
deserve every grain you can get when busting out bedrock all day. Well done video, too!

midnightmoon

Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
WOW!

MM sure has a knack for finding the pretty stuff.

And I love the goldpan -- you can tell it has served up thousand$. I want my pan to look just like that someday.

Thanks for another great piece of your story MM. :thumbsup:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet video - Congratulations and keep them coming! :occasion14:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like he forgot to bring lunch one day. No matter the condition of the pan though, if it gets him that amount of gold I'd be hanging onto it too!

OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The green pan just happens to be the only pan I have not totally destroyed.. I retired it early this year only to break my other pans .. I need to make the 5 minute walk one of these days to The Pioneer mining supply store and re up on some pans . Well It's 522 am and I sould be at my digsite a little before 8.. I know better to let gold get the better of my expectations but I'm hoping that today will be great too. We will see!! Gold reminds me of those sweet and sour comercials.. First they are Sour then sweet or is the other way around.. Anyway I hope you all have a great day today..

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow, I would walk 2hrs each way for that every day! Great Finds!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

oldbrundogg

Sep 22, 2012
Oroville
Detector(s) used
99.00 something or other from big 5
Very nice MM, keep going living the dream!
Not to try and second guess you " but" have you prospected higher on the bank so as the water rises later in the year and the beginning of next you will still be able to make salary.
Also there was something I wanted to ask you but not in a public forum. Oh well you probably already thought of it, and I'm just being paranoid.
HH OBD

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds!!! You might try one of the HEX pans I have one and like it better then the Garret. (Not saying the Garret isn't a good pan) The HEX pan I have is blue and it shows gold better for me then the green. Also the Garret 1/2inch screen pan still fits in it well.

OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

I took this vid yesterday as well
Honestly I doubt I will be in this area when the rains hit as my only route to this spot will be gone and it will be to cold to swim. I have sampled this area pretty well.. I been working it for a few months now. I have winter diggings that I have already proven to be worth my time. I will work this spot to October or as long I feel I can make progress.. I spent 5 hours beating on it it today.. My dirt changed and I knew better then to keep wating my time. I couldn't stop finally I gave up and crossed the river Never got on anything really good I walked home in defeat with 1.3grams.. I'm not so much mad that the gold pinched out.. I more mad that I ignored the multiple indicators that told me NO MORE GOLD HERE. I kept telling myself just one more pan. Oh well.. What can I say..

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I see that pan, I know who did the video. I want to go hunting some gold soooo bad.
Good job on the video and super choice on the soundtrack.

Oh yes, good job on the gold

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do we really need to ask why he is still using that pan???:notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread