8-16-2014 creek finds-shards and green mystery objects

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today in the creek was very eclectic and thought provoking...found 2 NA shards, a marble, weird aqua/green stuff, a green glass shard and a sweet tiny flake. The one green round thing at the top is copper underneath the green and heavy. Anyway, you never know what creek spirit has for you each time you go there :notworthy:

WP_20140816_001.jpg WP_20140816_003.jpg

Oh and a groundhog gave me a bit of a fright...heard what sounded like a bigger animal, thinking a deer since one has been around alot lately and it sounded like it was coming my way so I stopped what I was doing and waited. Dang groundhog came almost right up to me, or really right above me on the bank. So I hollered at it and it moved on upstream. Made me more alert though lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost looks like a copper jacketed slug or bullet? Nice day out today. Those ground hogs get pretty big and look like wise old men when they get old. I bet you scared him to death haha . Fun day Peaches :hello:

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost looks like a copper jacketed slug or bullet? Nice day out today. Those ground hogs get pretty big and look like wise old men when they get old. I bet you scared him to death haha . Fun day Peaches :hello:

Ya hey! The copper was probably a jacket from a bullet someone shot at a Big Bull Groundhog! :laughing7:

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice shards. The cooper thing IDK the green stone looks like limestone frags normal rock for creek.
One time I was yakking and I saw what looked like a cat in the bushes. Im a animal lover so I went to the bank and said ..........here kitty kitty. Well all of a sudden a big male ground hog came running down the bank at me. Wow I paddled fast, I guess he was protecting his home. You could tell he was a male by what was dragging on the ground by his tail. I couldn't stop thinking it must of hurt when he hit some of those thorny vines we have in the woods. :laughing7:

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice shards. The cooper thing IDK the green stone looks like limestone frags normal rock for creek.
One time I was yakking and I saw what looked like a cat in the bushes. Im a animal lover so I went to the bank and said ..........here kitty kitty. Well all of a sudden a big male ground hog came running down the bank at me. Wow I paddled fast, I guess he was protecting his home. You could tell he was a male by what was dragging on the ground by his tail. I couldn't stop thinking it must of hurt when he hit some of those thorny vines we have in the woods. :laughing7:

hahahaha rock! you're killin' me! :laughing7:

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey rock I meant to say this but your comment sidetracked me, I sounded like my Alabama born and raised Daddy when I hollered at it. I always lapse into it when I'm running things off...it goes like this "git!!! git on outta heah!" with real loud emphasis on the "git!" and throw a rock at em too! Didn't work as well on the black racer last year though, because that one came back for a better look so I was the one to "git" outta there lol

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool. I went back today to the field but its to late for any pics.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi peaches....man, I've been late to everything lately....yes, very eclectic finds you've got there & pretty colors to! It mixes things up a little, which is always a good thing! It's nice when you never know what you may find.....who knows what next...? ;)

oh...and :laughing7: on rocks story, was trying to picture it & your run-in with the ground hog, don't think we have any here?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions