8/4 halves

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
Well, fridays box only had 2 40%ers in it. But once again this supplier came thru with 4 "S" mints.

2ea 2003-S
1 1984-S
1 1982-S

That brings my total of "S" mint halves this year to 19. 20 counting the bi-cent silver. All but 3 were from this same bank.

Next box from them will be tomorrow. See if it brings any "S"s. And of cource lots of silver.

Upvote 0

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More proofs than silver is pretty good. Keep it up!

OP
OP
goldinmypan

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
Yes, I'd rather find silver too. But when you're opening all those rolls and not seeing silver, than anything out of the ordinary helps keep the juices flowing. Ror instance, I found a 1971 in this box that was so worn that you would have thought it was a 1871. I could barely make out the date. Should have kept it as an oddity but didn't, to late now. I even like when those aliens show up even if they're not even worth the $.50 whose place they took.

Its the looking not the finding that makes the hobby, but without an occasional find, I don't think many people would stick with it. And, of course, hearing of all the GREAT FINDS that some of you come across, keeps the exicitement high. I know my box of Walkers is out there; maybe the one I'm picking up today.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread