8 HOURS, ANYWHERE IS THE USA, WITH YOUR METAL DETECTOR. WHERE WOULD YOU CHOOSE?

Garbagebill

Nov 1, 2013
San Joaquin valley Ca.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics gamma 6000/Detech 13" Ultimate DD Coil
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Buzz Wilson Bomb Sheath/Lesche digging tool/Black Widow headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you were given 8 hours to take your metal detector ALONE anywhere in the USA, where would you choose? And why? Only one rule... It has to be OUTSIDE in the GROUND. (Not outside Fort Knox getting a reading from down in the basement) haha

Upvote 0
D

DeepThought

A good question. I picked up the hobby more out of need for solitude than reward. I like coinshooting for the skills practice it provides but enjoy the personal connection with history. Given this, I think Alamogordo ..where the Trinity testing occurred and people lived.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Anywhere near Charleston,South Carolina. I love everything about it,the history,the food,the culture,take me there! Not only could you find Colonial and Civil War artifacts but shark teeth as well in the surrounding areas beachfront.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My hometown so I could dig up a Silver cache I know of.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
150 yards off shore in the Atlantic, and 3/8 mile north of the Indian River inlet bridge, with a 1/3 x 1/3 mile area with the water removed, just like in the 10 Commandments film starring Charleton Heston.

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Having the quality machines of today and going back in time to around 1950 on any beach.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Moon, but since that is against the rules. I will keep it under my hat where I would hunt lol.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anywhere on the upper New England coast, in the fall, after a big storm.

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My Great Uncle from Rocky Face Georgia was with Longstreet Corps. Bennings Brigade Second Georgia. He and another soldier from Macon , Ga. were appointed to guard the doors while Lee and Grant were inside The McClean House at Appomattox on April 9th 1865. After the surrender , they stacked arms and walked home to Georgia. A 1922 Macon Georgia newspaper told this story. It would be a dream come true to be invited to hunt in that area.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On my cousin's property in Wayne County, Ky. During the battle of Mill Springs, or Logan's Run as some call it, an old farmhouse was commandeered as a hospital. My cousin's property lies between the battlefield and the "hospital". I can only imagine things dropped in haste of securing medical treatment.

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other

sask hunter

Aug 26, 2013
yorkton saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tro/bfo
ace 250
teknetics 4000
atp pro
minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyplace that does not have 3 feet of snow is fine with me

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have to say any populated place in the original colonies.

Why? Because there is still so much history there.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions