$80 In Halfs Gives Me My First 40%er

Cedric's

Jun 2, 2014
Eastern US
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Gold Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went to a local Wells Fargo today and asked if they had any halfs. The teller said they had 8 rolls and I bought them all. I had seen they were customer rolled. I knew this was either someone dumping their non-silver half dollars, or this really was someone turning in all of their half dollars. None of them were marked which was a good sign. In the fifth roll I saw silver peeking out at me. I had found 3 90%ers before but believe it or not, I had never found a 40% silver half dollar before. I was a little disappointed when I saw it was a 1968d, but I cannot complain. Silver is silver. I'm finally on the board with a 40%er.:headbang:

image.jpg

Upvote 0

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a local Wells Fargo today and asked if they had any halfs. The teller said they had 8 rolls and I bought them all. I had seen they were customer rolled. I knew this was either someone dumping their non-silver half dollars, or this really was someone turning in all of their half dollars. None of them were marked which was a good sign. In the fifth roll I saw silver peeking out at me. I had found 3 90%ers before but believe it or not, I had never found a 40% silver half dollar before. I was a little disappointed when I saw it was a 1968d, but I cannot complain. Silver is silver. I'm finally on the board with a 40%er.:headbang:

View attachment 1022767

:3coins: It's always nice to find silver. Welcome to TNET & this crazy hobby/obsession. As time goes on you will find that the ratio of 40%s to 90%s will be much great to the 40% side. Nice find.
HH
Gary

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some's better than none, even if it isn't a 70.

Or you could be like me, sold my first 70 with other silver for less than melt value to a coin shop before I knew better.

Enjoy your 40. And pour some out for your homies...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread