Dec 6, 2012
Miami, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, 17" and 6" Coils
Minelab Excalibur II, 10" Coil
AT Pro, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in a local public park today in Miami and ran across a fellow hobbyist. I was using my Nox 800 (and CTX). What I could not understand is that he was running around with the gold monster 1000 and told me that he uses the 1000 in parks most of the time. It got me thinking tonight and wanted to get some feedback... is that a good idea if only detecting for gold?

Please share your thoughts and thank you.

jmc24

Feb 24, 2020
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Legend, XP Deus 2, FTP Tek Point, Garrott Carrot, Gold Hog River Sluices and Flow Pan, Royal Mini High Banker.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Goldmonster 1000 will give a user a pretty good idea if a target is ferrous or non-ferrous. It can do this by its ferrous vs non-ferrous probability bar and by its two tone iron/not iron audio. It does not give any indication about what a non-ferrous target is by displaying target ID numbers or by having different pitched tones for different non-ferrous targets like aluminum, lead, brass, gold, copper, silver or modern clad coins. They will all give a signal on the right side of the iron/non iron probability bar and will give the same non-ferrous tone.

So, as long as a Goldmonster 1000 user is digging all non-ferrous targets or as many as they can, they will do OK. I wouldn't want to do it that way but it would work. It would also work OK on dry beach sand.

I used one for about a year for gold prospecting. It works really well for that too, but I prefer a detector that gives me more information about a target's identity and that is more adjustable, like the Equinox 800 in its gold modes or even Park 2 or Field 2 with the 6" coil. The Equinox in those modes will hit small nuggets, larger nuggets, micro gold jewelry or larger gold jewelry, no problem.

Jeff

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in a local public park today in Miami and ran across a fellow hobbyist. I was using my Nox 800 (and CTX). What I could not understand is that he was running around with the gold monster 1000 and told me that he uses the 1000 in parks most of the time. It got me thinking tonight and wanted to get some feedback... is that a good idea if only detecting for gold?

Please share your thoughts and thank you.

Tiny gold, probably, but, all your machines will find bigger gold if adjusted correctly.

OP
OP
B

botics

Dec 6, 2012
Miami, Florida
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info. I’ll stick to the two I have.

OP
OP
B

botics

Dec 6, 2012
Miami, Florida
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you.

Curlymaplebandit

Tenderfoot
Apr 4, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have heard of people running the gold 2 mode on the Nox when park hunting. If the goldmoster was all I had, I'd swing it in parks, but I imagine with all the trash, the noise would drive me crazy in short order.
Most city parks I'm trying to NOT see a lot of the little stuff. I'll notch out some of the lower #s if it's too crazy. Rejecting 1-3 or 4 can really knock down on the chatter in a trashy area. (While allowing me to keep the sensitivity up)

Am sure he finds a lot of stuff, but with the higher frequency, it's not going to see as deep as the Nox on coins etc @ depth. I imagine the audio from the gold monster would be rough in an aluminum confetti park.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions