Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When you're working a farm field and hearing iron and the occasional mid-tone, the solid high-tone ringing "85" is the exception.
It got my attention this afternoon, and 7 inches down, there was an 1819 large cent, my fourth of 2017.
Other relics recovered today were a musketball and two flat buttons. Great weather day, following a cold end of the week.

Thanks for checking out the pics. Happy hunting!

finds.jpg

Link to LC recovery:

Wrap-up of my AM hunt that same day:

Last edited:
Upvote 22
OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx Chizzy! Who knows what coming next with this "Whadi" luck goin' on.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx ATW! You guys are getting slammed. I may have told you, but one of my detectorist buddies here in Maryland suggested we go on a NYC roadtrip. If that materializes I may ask some advice on how detecting works in the City.

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the LC! The F75 and the AT Pro must be in tune to large cents as I get the same reading on those coins. Judging from the shotgun head stamps, I can guess they ring up like the flat buttons I dig as well. Nice hunt!

Last edited:
OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx Tommy G! I agree. I'd like to get an AT Pro someday; seems like the most versatile unit out there. In the woods it's almost a guarantee that that mid-tone is gong to be a shotgun base. I think I'm starting to be able to differentiate the ones with an iron primer now. They're never very deep, so it's a quick dig.

Last edited:
OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx mooncusser! I agree! Anything above 70 in a farm field is either brass, copper or silver. Had a nice target in the 70s today and deeper which turned out to be a brass bridle rivet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread