8th Annual THs cookout challenge!!

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You know....with all of the endorsements, sponsorship deals and "pro teams" that are used in today's corporate marketing plans, it would seem to me that some rum company would jump at the chance to put up a banner at a treasure hunter's gathering.
Perhaps one of the denizens of TreasureNet has some connections to an advertising type somewhere with Appleton's or Black Coral or Pusser's or Ron Zapaca or Kraken or Blackwell or even Captain Morgan's?? A banner...some product....maybe a couple o' three McKinley's or Grover Clevelands as a donation toward expenses? After a case or so has been sampled I would imagine they can get some good reviews from rhum connoisseurs.
Just a late night thought. :)
Speaking of rum - http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/23/travel/on-a-caribbean-rum-trail.html?_r=0

Last edited:

shucker69

Greenie
Apr 6, 2015
Oakville
Detector(s) used
minelab excaliber
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey, didn't Charter Captain Tim Koppert offer to cater the whole event for this year at no cost to you ? He and I shall willing donate money, but what's up with not taking him up on his offer ??

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
sighs...well...THAT didn't take long....

You guys just wanna see me squirm...your ALL evil!!!:thumbsup:

Ag

FYI!
Some of us only get weekly alerts & they come AFTER midnight on Sundays.

Not sure I can match $100, but I'm planning to donate generously once my world stops rocking (been a rough start to the new year!).

OP
OP
A

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Wisconsin, N.C. Fl, Bahamas....wherever the wrecks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
FYI!
Some of us only get weekly alerts & they come AFTER midnight on Sundays.

Not sure I can match $100, but I'm planning to donate generously once my world stops rocking (been a rough start to the new year!).

It's all good...and your response is very much appreciated. I look forward to meeting the faces and names here on TN... I'm sure it'll be a great gathering!!

On that note..I also want to take the opportunity to say "THANKYOU"...TO ALL AND EVERYBODY....for the participation and willingness to come together and help in whatever form that may take to in regards to this event...it simply wouldn't happen if it weren't for the great folks here on T'net.

Keep the fires stoked folks and spread the news...it can only get bigger and better!!

Thanks again-

Ag

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Hey, didn't Charter Captain Tim Koppert offer to cater the whole event for this year at no cost to you ? He and I shall willing donate money, but what's up with not taking him up on his offer ??
shucker69, Consider You and Tim taken up on your offer. We're looking forward to seeing both of you at the cookout.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Aquanut, I was in touch with Burt Webber the other day. He told me that if he's back in the States the end of April, that he will be at the cookout. If someone has Herbo Humphries contact info. It would be nice to extend an invitation to him too.

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
8th Annual TH's cookout challenge!!

I'll sent you herbo's email address......

Last edited:

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
8th Annual TH's cookout challenge!!

Chuck, I will be bringing cash......

Last edited:

thetigers2

Apr 20, 2009
Homosassa,Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS & my good old eyes...Oh and my Mischievous Mermaid a helping...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me too on the SS check...

shucker69

Greenie
Apr 6, 2015
Oakville
Detector(s) used
minelab excaliber
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
So, since the donations are rolling in, what can we bring ? A kegger ?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, since the donations are rolling in, what can we bring ? A kegger ?
It takes a lot of donations to put on the picnic, it is quite an event.

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
It takes a lot of donations to put on the picnic, it is quite an event.

Things people take for granted... Table and chair rentals. Porta-Potties, Music/band/entertainment, Signage, Gas, and the very fact that nobody knows how many will attend, thereby making the amount of ribs, chicken, hotdog, burgers, buns, various side dishes, drinks and their accompaniments all a matter of guesswork. Plus the cost of a room for the guy to put all this stuff the night before the event.
Believe me, there is never enough money. Chuck will spend every dime donated and then some to make this event better and better!

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Here's a New Challenge for Anyone attending the cookout.

Aquanut started these cookouts for anyone interested in Treasure Hunting to start WORKING TOGETHER.
Anyone that knows me, knows that I am a sceptic when it comes to long range locators. About 10 years ago 3 individuals with these machines came together near where the cookout is going to take place. ( approx 15 miles away )
They claimed that there was a huge treasure located under water. The Company I was working for wasn't interested in this site because of the location and checked out some other locations these people claimed to find. I didn't believe in this technology, but I was sent to N.C. from Key West a few months later with a dive crew to survey a wreck site.
On the way north I decided to stop at this location to check it out with my pulse star II. ( Which I swear by.)
We towed our 26 ft. boat near the location and put the pulse star II to work and surveyed the location the long range people pointed out.
A Pulse Star II is a pulse induction metal detector that can tell whether a metal target is ferrous metal or non ferrous metal. Much to my surprise the Pulse Star II had several Great Hits for non ferrous metal on 2 or 3 targets within about 100 feet. The water was only about 6 to 8 feet deep. These targets were close to shore, but there were several fishermen on the bank that took an interest in our survey, so we never dove the site. We couldn't wait another day, because we had to get to N.C. for the Company survey job.

Here's my challenge. If any of you can get a small boat for the cookout weekend and some diving gear. I am willing to go back to the location. I still have a Pulse Star II. The day after the cookout would be a good time to survey the site.
( Sunday ). It would also be a good idea for someone to bring a GPS.

The only thing I will guarantee is an Adventure. The Non Ferrous readings could have been a bunch of case of Aluminum Beer cans for all I know. I do know that no one has an Admiralty Claim or a lease on this site.

Attachments

• fat-man-boat.jpg
    fat-man-boat.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread