9/26 Cellar Hole Finds

snazzypit

Aug 2, 2010
North Jersey
Spotted a few cellar holes in an old mining area, along side the road. This area was a mining community in the late 1700's til the early 20th century. Looks like people thought the holes were a good spot to throw their trash. So there is a lot of junk scattered around, but we did manage to find some goodies among the trash. All the bottles that we found were just on top of the ground or from the top few inches of one of the 4 privy holes.

The best find was a compact. not sure of the year, I would guess 1930s? It has writing on it, it says
Three Flowers
Richard Hudnut
New York-----Paris

This site has some great potential if we can get around all the trash. Thanks for looking

Attachments

• ch1.JPG
    ch1.JPG
    640.3 KB · Views: 484
  • ch2.JPG
    ch2.JPG
    445 KB · Views: 480
  • ch3.JPG
    ch3.JPG
    423.8 KB · Views: 460
  • found bottles.JPG
    found bottles.JPG
    522.5 KB · Views: 462
  • foundgun.JPG
    foundgun.JPG
    473.6 KB · Views: 453
  • compact.JPG
    compact.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 466
  • compact2.JPG
    compact2.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 459
Upvote 0

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the looks of it, those treasures were hard earned, some tough digging in there! :icon_farao:

Nice finds for sure :icon_thumleft:

HH, Mark :icon_pirat:

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice site and finds! :o I really like the small vinegar looking bottle ! :headbang:

Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
in the first pics i see some white rocks that look totaly out of place on the foundation. i would swing the coil over that area. willy

OP
OP
snazzypit

snazzypit

Aug 2, 2010
North Jersey
Good call i didn't notice that when i was there, they do look a little out of place. I definately hve to head back there and check out that area int he foundation.

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
thats a shame people dump there.been to so many that were undetectable with washing machines and household garbage filling the foundations.
with the concrete walls there,it looks like this site was occupied up until pretty recently.
that place will keep ya busy for years if you have the patience to work at it.
just think of the coins and relics that may be masked by all the more modern trash.
if you can't take the machine going ballistic on you close to foundations you can always fan out away from the foundations and it should be more quiet hopefully.
look forward to seeing what else these sites produce.nice job!

OP
OP
snazzypit

snazzypit

Aug 2, 2010
North Jersey
There seems to be quite a few different versions of that compact. I have not found the exact one yet in a picture. Seems that scent(three flowers) was around for a quite few years so it is hard to date it without an actual pic of the compact

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread