9-27-09 ohio field finds

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio
pickaway and i got out for a good day of huntn.we decided to hunt a new spot,and after about 3 hours of not much we decided to go to our ole faithful.this spot always spits out something for us.nothin incredible,but better than gettin skunked.get in here with those pics pick.goodluck on your next hunt everyone.

image-4.jpg

DSCF2344.jpg

DSCF2345.jpg

Upvote 0
P

pickaway

Nice finds, I would post pics but till i get new pc its a pain,its supposed to be here thursday.I did put that scraper on show ohio post.
was a fun hunt amazed by one field guy did tell me it was hunted out though :dontknow:

OP
OP
creek astronaut

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio
pickaway said:
Nice finds, I would post pics but till i get new pc its a pain,its supposed to be here thursday.I did put that scraper on show ohio post.
was a fun hunt amazed by one field guy did tell me it was hunted out though :dontknow:
yea it was a good hunt.yea i think that spot was depleted.guess we should listen to the farmers some.lol. :icon_scratch:

P

pickaway

funny i thought just the opposite o he's just saying that cause its loaded with relics,nice to see some honest folks still out there. :laughing7:

JUNKYARD DOG

Feb 29, 2008
Mid Mo
Detector(s) used
DFX, COMPASS SCANNER,
Looks like a nice hunt to me, its just good to get out there and look so when you pick some pieces up its alot better. I am going to try and hobble down a creek tommorow, my back is feeling a tad better and I just cant take it any longer, hope where I am going there isnt any deer or turkey hunters out, if so Ill wait. Its better than a broadhead in my a$$. Take care gregg-rocks and pickaway. JYD...

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a lot of relics in your hand. Did you guys try some new fields? All our fields are still in soy beans or cut corn. Everyone is going to no till. Good hunt sir Greg !!! :notworthy:
TnMountains

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Hey Greg,

That little green one in the first pic is neat. Is it a broke or just appears that way from the pic? I've never done that good on one trip. Excellent.

BW

ohio

Bronze Member
May 28, 2007
Looks like you guys were on the right track. I have walked sites that were in perfect condition that I had found lots of stuff on in the past only to be disappointed. You just never know. i am sure it was better than work!
Chuck

OP
OP
creek astronaut

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio
thx JYD hope your back feels better soon,and yes a broadhead wouldnt make your back feel any better.thx americus,thx ohio it was definately better than work!tn mts,we did try a new field and it kinda sucked it did have corn in it still.we went to our spot that never lets us down.most of the fields are still standing in corn,saw them picken some today.thx BW,i thought the same thing when i found it.the material is off the hook but unfortunately it is only a tip,i suspect it would have been a real nice triangle maybe.HH

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Pick, man you are dialed in on those hafted scrapers! what's that make 30 for the year? I thought I was having a good year with a dozen or so. Sweet little ridge point, nice haul.

P

pickaway

27 37, greg has to have just as many, but there probably just flake tools...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread