9-29 finds

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a video all set up then, pulled a bonehead move hit the wrong button and deleted it.:tongue3:

Oh well, my bad.

It was a beautiful day anyway. Got there just after 9 a.m. left at 8 p.m.

Started in the water, it was very slow, 2 or 3 coins, the junk toe ring and the bobbypins.

Stopped and talked to Vinny. He was holdin' some white gold, nice 14K. Another hunter and his wife weren't finding much.

On my way back to my car for lunch, I see about 6 or 8 people all looking for something in the water. Guy tells me he lost his wedding ring and asked if I could help. He gave me a general idea where he might've lost it. A few minutes later I hear his friends remembering where else he could've lost it ,therefore expanding the search area. Add to this his friends and a couple of volunteers searching the same area I was made the search take longer than it should've. After 20 minutes and 2 bobbypins and some other junk, I get a signal. A couple scoops later, the silver wedding ring is rescued from it's watery prison. Another satisfied customer :thumbsup:

After lunch, I let the Sov GT loose. I found some coins and not much else.

6 Quarters
8 Dimes
3 Nickles
29 Pennies
002.JPG

I think I might give the beach a break for a while. Work on some parks and other areas.

Good luck and HH

Upvote 0

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the return...I havent been in a couple of weeks but Im heading down south in the morning, hope to have something good to post.

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry on your recording mishap, I always enjoy the videos you post.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy hunting next hunt!

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Willie D,
Great job recovering and returning that wedding ring!:headbang:

Good luck on your next hunt...

LOrraine

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
WTG on the return Willie.... the wife commented.... "there is someone as crazy as you out there" when I told her of how long you stayed out hunting! I like the idea of having another detector at the car to change to if needed but I would worry about it getting stolen.

HH
Cliff

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG on the return of the ring,:icon_thumright:may good treasures follow you,,HH:hello:

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies everybody :icon_thumleft:

During the search for the ring, as time went on, I wasn't so sure I was going to find it. I'm not sure who was more relieved, him or me. :laughing7:

CDV1: Dedicated not crazy. :skullflag: As far as the detector in the car goes, at first, I was worried, but I've been doing it for so long now, it's no big deal.

Good luck and HH everybody.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice return. I made a recovery yesterday also. The lady wasnt concerned about it.... said she thought it was a junk ring given to her by a friend. I took the time to go over the area anyway and found it quickly. Looked inside.... 10K CZs darn darn. She wasnt even the person who asked me if i could find it. I have to consider carefully what type of hunting im going to do..... i have a jeep... might as well leave the keys in them.

Dew

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread