9 acres that have never been detected.

nashvillejw

Tenderfoot
Dec 24, 2007
My great-grandparents bought some property in 1920. Before they bought it, there had been a trolley line and a store, right in the middle of what is now the front yard. (yard is 900' X 300')
Have never touched a metal detector before, but plan on getting an Ace 250, and seeing what I can find. Move up to a better detector, as I progress, for the deeper items.
There is a club in town. Might be a good idea to join.
(have been learning what I can here, on the Ace 250, and MDing in general......Thanks everyone!!!)

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're going to be busy for quite a while if you try to cover all 9 acres. Good Luck!
Bill

acedigger

Aug 20, 2007
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, Ace 250
I think the Ace 250 will be a great machine for the job. Others on here will brag about other machines but I haven't used any others. I like my 250 and its finds the coins I'm looking for. It is simple to use but it does take a little getting used to. If you do buy one, do a bench test on all denominations of coins and listen to the tones. The nickels and gold rings sound like pulltabs while the others have a different tone.
There is tons of information on here and many experts that can help you. You can also go to Youtube and find some videos about the 250. Good luck and hope you find lots of stuff around there.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
You definitely will be busy trying to cover all 9 acres by yourself. I would come up with a plan and mark off (some how) where you already searched. It may be a very productive place. Good luck and please keep us posted. Wish I could help, but don't know where you are at.

vegasmtl

Jan 11, 2006
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bullseye II
That would be like a dream come true for me!
For sure look at the videos, they can be great help. The how-to videos also can be very helpful when starting out.
Good luck, and don't for get to post pics of your finds

HH
vegasmtl

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
Ace 250 seems like the right answer. Dig everything. If your tag is any indicator of your location, have you ever heard of the "Battle of Nashville?" You could dig a LOT more than coins..............

Roger
40 miles from Nashville............... :D

OP
OP
N

nashvillejw

Tenderfoot
Dec 24, 2007
About 10 mins. from downtown Nashville. Finally, started reading a book my grandfather wrote in 1975 about the history of this area. (Northwest Davidson Co.)
He was a history teacher for 40 years. Wish I had read it, while he was still alive, so I could tell him how good it is.

Still trying to get up the money for a detector. My job moved, and have been out of work for awhile.

Thanks to all, for the advise, and I'll keep everyone posted on any finds!

OP
OP
N

nashvillejw

Tenderfoot
Dec 24, 2007
Was published in 1975. Titled "Northwest Davidson County The Land-It's people" By John P. Graves.

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You should have a great time hunting 9 acres. I lived in Nashville until I moved to Knoxville last year. I am still a member of the Middle Tennessee Metal Detecting Club there in Nashville. Fantastic club. I highly encourage you to visit one of their meetings and hopefully join. You will get a wealth of info at these meetings. Their website is mtmdc.com and their next meeting is Feb. 1 at 7pm. You can get the address on the website. Good luck with your future hunts.

OP
OP
N

nashvillejw

Tenderfoot
Dec 24, 2007
Wow. Small world 3rdof8! Had misplaced the one he gave me, but did get another one alittle while ago. #1347. Glad you liked it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions