9 month cold streak officially over

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Earlier this week I found a 190X Barber(see previous thread; first silver coin in about 9 months). Now today I found my first silver ring in about 9 months. I'm glad you guys talked me out of leaving the hobby when I was so discouraged a couple of months ago. If I didn't have MDing as a hobby I'd probably be hanging out at the library reading the newspaper. LOL. 7up. HH to all.

Attachments

• IMG_3519.JPG
    IMG_3519.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_3520.JPG
    IMG_3520.JPG
    373.1 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_3521.JPG
    IMG_3521.JPG
    325 KB · Views: 126
Upvote 24
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the silver ring! :occasion14:

Zachbl92

Nov 8, 2015
Quinton, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro, Teknetics G2+, Garret AT pinpointer, deteknix xpointer, gray ghost originals
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the ring and ending the cold streak! Patience, patience and...patience! With some luck. Keep at it and best of luck,
Zach

OP
OP

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the ring and ending the cold streak! Patience, patience and...patience! With some luck. Keep at it and best of luck,
Zach
Thanks, Zach!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also have gone sometimes 10 15 hunts with no good finds I love the anticipation I have made some great finds but few and far between I love not knowing what you will find next this is not a hobby for a pessimist or someone who is impatient Trust me stick with it do a little research on old school sites camp grounds boy scout camps ect I even have display cases for my silver and my jewelry and have saved every coin {clad} in mason jars for pennies nickles dimes quarters ect its can be lots of fun and great exercise Also I think most of us don't find something every hunt or sometimes many hunts.Keep the faith my friend!!!!!!!!!

MrBlueSkyNM

Apr 18, 2016
New Mexico
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Teknetics T2 Classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! Silver rings always get me pumped up! Keep having fun!:occasion14:

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
By the looks of the pictures it seems that you have a good site to hunt. Old abandoned houses are usually one of the better places to hunt. Location, location, location...that's more important than the machine you have. Nice find!

rainorshine

Oct 6, 2013
Black Hills, SD
Detector(s) used
AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. Ive found plenty of silver coins this year but not one silver ring. I keep expecting to see one in the bottom of one of my holes

OP
OP

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find. Ive found plenty of silver coins this year but not one silver ring. I keep expecting to see one in the bottom of one of my holes
Yeah, funny how that works....:laughing9:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread