9 Rings & Civil War Token found in Hot, Hot, Ohio!

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
9 Rings & Civil War Token found in Hot, Hot, Ohio!

I don't know about your neck of the woods, but here in Ohio, the temps have been hovering around 100 degrees. Most of the days in the high 90's. You would think, normal people would stay in an keep cool. Well I guess Gary and I aren't to normal.

We thought we would get out early in the morning's and hunt, Ha!, that didn't work either. The temps at 6 a.m were around 80 degrees. But you know how it is, when the sun is shining a guy has to do what a guy has to do!

We found all these items this past week. We hunted Old school yards, in local lakes and side walks being torn up. We did have to stop in the afternoon, cause we just couldn't take the heat anymore.

Gary found the most rings. Although I came in at a close second. Gary found two 10k rings, one of which has a diamond in the center of it. One 925 Silver ring and two other rings. He also found a basketball pin, a football pin, a choral pin, somesort of religious charm and a really neat arrowhead with an Indian picture on it.

I found a 10k White gold ring with a blue stone in it, a small 10k gold heart shaped ring, a silver ring, a sterling silver cross, a baby's ring ( old ), two wheaties and a Civil War token, worth 25 cents in trade anywhere.

We also found a ton of pull tabs, pop cans that had been mowed into small pieces and other assorted junk. Also we found a bunch and I mean a bunch of new coins. I didn't count all mine yet, but there must be over 200 coins in the pile.

Hope you are all getting out there and hunting, drinking a lot of water and doing your best to stay cool Just think this winter when it's 40 below, we will be saying, man I wish it was warmer.

HH all, Ringfinder

Attachments

• Gary\'s finds.jpg
    Gary\'s finds.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 710
  • Denny\'s finds.jpg
    Denny\'s finds.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 698
Upvote 0

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Re: 9 Rings & Civil War Token found in Hot, Hot, Ohio!

Denny, looks like you guys have had some good luck in the ring department. :)

Even though it's been hot I've been enjoying it. Not doing a lot of detecting but getting out enough to get my fix. I have been doing more boating/swimming type stuff. Lake Erie is now up to 74 degrees - great swimming weather.

Here is the link for my latest finds:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,100849.0.html

Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread