90%ers at 20x face?

TheCoinKid

Apr 16, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Bought some decent 90%ers at 20x face today. Not terribly excited about the multiple (or the current price of silver, for that matter), but bowed to the greater need to add to inventory, since it's been awhile.

Does the price look in line with what others are seeing?

Still expecting a drop in the price of silver to the low to mid teens, but decided to hedge that bet just a little. Still bullish long-term.

TCK

Herb Boyd

Apr 8, 2013
Naples Florida
Detector(s) used
4 different
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's retail, half dollar coins are selling here for a little more...good demand for 90...

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Usually you can get them at around 18x give or take a few extra .4, .5 or so.

pronghorn

Jan 7, 2008
look at it as another chance to build your stack

silver will go higher, nobody knows when but it will

OP
OP
TheCoinKid

TheCoinKid

Apr 16, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Picked up a little more today at just under 18x face delivered, this time on FEEbay. Not my favorite form (a few rolls of Washington quarters), but I could see a few coins in the lots that were of collector interest to me. After all, I am first and foremost a collector. My silver stacking (as you guys say) is really just an extension of that.

Been looking for a further drop, but my current thinking (rationalization) is that current silver prices are at a level around 50% of the 12 month high, so why not, as Herb said, "spend a little at these levels".

Still hoping for that near-term drop, but am long-term bullish.

TCK

Last edited:

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm wondering how many of you go through coin rolls for half dollars and hunt for silver?

What is your average find of silver halves and how many rolls do you get from the bank at a time?
Out of $100 in halves, I found two 90% and one 40% Kennedy's.

How do handle the "Leftover" halves... ;>(

OP
OP
TheCoinKid

TheCoinKid

Apr 16, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Check out the coin roll hunting area on this forum for a better chance at getting your questions answered. I personally don't CRH.

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I CRH halves. I buy a box every Friday. So far todays box has produced one 40%er. I take the "leftovers" to my dump bank. I don't keep up with averages. I just look for silver. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. :cat:

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I'm wondering how many of you go through coin rolls for half dollars and hunt for silver?

What is your average find of silver halves and how many rolls do you get from the bank at a time?
Out of $100 in halves, I found two 90% and one 40% Kennedy's.

How do handle the "Leftover" halves... ;>(

Getting rid of dumps was the most time consuming and unpleasant part of the game. Find a bank with a coin counting machine that is free but don't overburden them (be reasonable with your dumps), otherwise you will screw up a good thing.

I am retired from CRHing but still get rolls occasionally and find a 40 or two, but not enough to get back into it.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread