96, 97, 98, 99.....

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106!!! :o :o :o

Well, I was sitting at 95 silvers for the year, and itching to get to 100. DP Bob had a group hunt in the woods Sunday, and I got out there for a couple hours to no avail. I'd been out a few times earlier this week and got some cool finds, but no silvers. :-\ I went over to one of my son's homes for dinner Sunday after Bob's hunt and found out that one of his friends had recently moved into an older house. Long story short, I got permission to hit the yard! ;D Good deal!!! ;D

I went over there today, and after hellos, started hitting the yard. Within ten minutes, I got a Rosie - that's a good sign! Well, nothing notable for the next hour, and then it started. :) Another Rosie, then another. I know they're not that old, but at this point I'm in it for quantity, not quality. :wink: Two more to go to hit 100. Within ten feet, another good signal! I popped the plug and cut a little bit away to get to the target, when I saw two coins - a Merc and a Rosie! I saw the Merc first, so I guess that makes Mr. Roosevelt # 100.

pistol-pirate-bust.jpg

I guess that makes me officially a

99 & 100 cropped small & tiny.jpg

But wait, there's more! The dimes kept on a coming. Got another signal and popped the plug. I saw the silver, and took pictures, but didn't have my glasses on :tongue3: - it wasn't until I went to move it that I saw there were two Mercs together.

pistol-pirate-bust.jpg

All these dimes and no quarters - Hmmm... There's got to be at least one quarter here somewhere. Well, about twenty feet away, here came old George, giving off a solid quarter signal.

Somewhere in there I also found an Illinois tax token. I found two more Rosies, and then a '62 George. :o

This has never happened to me before, but I actually lost count of how many silvers I had found. :dontknow: When I counted them all up at the end of the day, I had eleven silvers and a tax token. I've read about hunts like this on T-Net before, but never had one until today. Until today, my highest one hunt silver count was five. I thought I'd share this story here so anyone who's never had a hunt like this before will see that you just never know when it will happen to you, but it can happen anytime. :thumbsup: I'm so pumped about this one!!! Anyway, enough blabbing - here's the goods:

Double Mercs 2 tiny.jpg

All I can say is that I hope each of you gets a chance to hit a virgin yard like this at least once. It was an incredible day! Thanks for checking out my silverfest!

TYK! :wink:

Attachments

• Finds 2.jpg
    Finds 2.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 155

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
Now THAT'S, a LATCH!!!!

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetnessssssss Neil!!!! I bet you are STOAGHKTTT!

Congrats on hitting 100 out of the park!

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
Holy Crapola! Heck with the parks and woods aye Neil?
Congrats on a dream day of hunting! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What? No wheaties in that yard?

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy Sh*t !!!!!

Don't you love a day like that...... Oh thats your first time..... ;D ;D ;D ;D J /K

Do I see 3 Merc's

Old Teddy must have used those 3 Merry Widows on those 3 Merc's WOW!!!!!!!

Big High fiver..... I know you were stoked on the phone......

t-bucket

Bronze Member
Oct 7, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
e-track- Explorer SE explorer 2 -
WTG and congrats on the silver count, I wont make it this year dew to getting hurt but am happy for you !!!!! :headbang:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Does WOW! do it? I dunno, you've had a feast/famine relationship while out there TH'ing all summer it seems. But this was SUPER Thanksgiving dinner come early!

Excellent hit!

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on joining the century club and hitting that stash of silvers! :thumbsup:

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CONGRATS ON GETTING OVER THE 100 MARK! WELL, I HOPE YOUR NEXT GOAL IS 125 AS LONG AS THE GROUND DOES'NT FREEZE UP BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR! NOW YOU DESERVE TO WEAR THE CROWN FOR AWHILE :icon_king: :icon_king:

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy smokes Neil!! That is one awesome pile of silver :thumbsup:

Time to set yourself another silver goal. . . how about 130? There's still a week or three of good hunts left :)
The way your pulling those out, I wouldn't be surprised if you have another day like that :icon_pirat:

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Holy Moley! THAT is an awesome day! I don't care who you ask, to have a day like that would just be awesome!

I've got to find me a house like that one of these days!

What a way to boost your count. Congratulations Neil!

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread