#98 LC and #3 for 2007 plus video of recovery

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always carry my digital camera and since it has video capability, every now and then I will shoot some. This morning when I got a noway it could not be a coin reading, I decided to gamble and record the recovery. Usually when I do this the "coin" ends up being a large 1790's button which reads the same lots of times. ::)

This time it was a coin and it was a Large Cent, darn if it is not in horrible shape but I did manage to get the date and then attribute the variety, again, I do not feel real bad about it, it is a Noe 6 variety, the most common and least valuable one. If that is any consolation to me. :)

It was a very unusual morning at the site, no other artifacts, just loads of shotgun casings and some iron, No Buttons today :(

If you have dial-up forget the video and enjoy the photos, otherwise, find the coin with me! ;)

http://home.comcast.net/~slospokes2/Site_214_LargeCent.wmv

Don

Attachments

• LCrevdirty.jpg
    LCrevdirty.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 792
  • 1829Coronet_Noe6reduced.jpg
    1829Coronet_Noe6reduced.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 790
  • Site214 Totals.jpg
    Site214 Totals.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 800
Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!

Thanks for the vid

HH

Lonewolfe

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
man! that thing was screamin on your explorer! thats the kind of signal that makes you smile! great find and cool video!

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the video Don.It's interesting to see it being recovered.Nice find despite the condition. MM2

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Another nice January day in NJ!

Nice find, great video...I was thinking "No Pinponter?" right before you said it!

xlt nh

Jul 28, 2006
Cheshire, Mass
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, DFX 300
Great video and excellent find! I love finding those old coppers.....keep up the good work! ;D

HH, Hank 8)

T

TreasureTales

Very cool video. Thanks so much!! Almost as good as being there with you. LOL If I dug that coin I'd have been ecstatic! (Not going to find many LC in California.)

I have an offtrack question for you...What type of tree is that one you're digging next to? The fallen leaves looked like oak, but the bark didn't.

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great video, Don. Three large cents so far this year? You're off to a fantastic start! :o

OP
OP
Don in SJ

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureTales said:
Very cool video. Thanks so much!! Almost as good as being there with you. LOL If I dug that coin I'd have been ecstatic! (Not going to find many LC in California.)

I have an offtrack question for you...What type of tree is that one you're digging next to? The fallen leaves looked like oak, but the bark didn't.

Most of the woods in my part of the state are black and white oaks, Jersey Pines (White pine) and Holly Trees, along with Beech, and quite a few others, but in this stretch it is Oak and Pine, that be a Pine tree... :)

T

TreasureTales

Don in S Jersey said:
TreasureTales said:

Most of the woods in my part of the state are black and white oaks, Jersey Pines (White pine) and Holly Trees, along with Beech, and quite a few others, but in this stretch it is Oak and Pine, that be a Pine tree... :)

Thank you for the info. Always like to learn about other states. Haven't visited yours in over 45 years!!! YIKES

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
" I wish I had my Pin Pointer " LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thanks for shearing that video....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread