99 coins for the weekend, daughters MD goes kapoot!

buffhunter

May 30, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
:-[ 8) Daughter and i went out Saturday and she started having problems with her machine. We have had some issues with it before, but it finally gave up the ghost (for now). Its an old Whites PI 1000 that a puppy had gnawed on some wires a few years back. The wires we almost bit off at the housing. We fixed it up as best we could, siliconed the hell out of it and it has lasted for several years. Thinking of a Garret Ace 250 for her, so any ideas - pro or con - will be appreciated.

Since she was without a machine for Sunday, I headed out alone. total for the weekend was 99 coins. Hit one tree that had quarters everywhere!!!!!

weekends breakdown-
28 quarters
13 dimes
2 nickels
56 pennies

Attachments

• P1010011.JPG
    P1010011.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 564
Upvote 0

B|lker

Apr 3, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 And
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my 250.
Last time i checked Kellyco had a good deal which included a probe.
Mine was purchased from Dicks sporting goods on line for around $212

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
WTG on the clad count! Sorry to hear about your busted machine. I just recently purchased an Ace 250. I haven't received it yet, but I'm so looking forward to getting it! Glad you guys got to spend some time together on Sat. Always great to have the kids involved in this great hobby!

HH,
Moon

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think its wonderful your daughter is taking a intereste in md-ing.. your so lucky... is her bday or something comming up... or maybe dad can just treat her since shes so into it... just a thought.

wyattrr

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2008
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice scores on the clad...Sorry about the machine...I guess the service agreement ran out huh? I have been looking at a Garrett 250...It's 2.5 pds, earphones and carrying bag extra.

OP
OP
buffhunter

buffhunter

May 30, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
the service agreement is definitely long gone. The machine is 20+ years old. Bought it new either in the late 70's or early 80's. I am going to take it apart this summer and see what i can do with it.

Southern_Boy

Feb 2, 2007
New York State..Vestal, NY
Detector(s) used
Fischer CZ-3D
Ace 250 was my first choice in a machine. My wife bought me the one that I have now from a friend who has been detecting for over 20 years. Come this spring I will be buying my boys an Ace 250 so they can join me in the hunt.

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got an ace 250 2 weeks ago, in 2 hunts I have found 20 coins and a necklace. I ordered it from Clevenger's and it was $199 INCLUDING shipping, took 2 days to receive it as well!

fescue69

Dec 9, 2007
Hi Buff...Sorry to hear about your daughters machine. I just bought a Fisher F-2 from Larry at big valley detectors. He is a wealth of knowledge...and says this machine is far superior to the Ace 250.
So far it seems to keep up with my Tesoro Tejon.....Good luck!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread