.999 silver?

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, so you learn something every day. I am going through my jewelry trying to figure out what to consign. I found this heavy gross pendant and was about to toss it into the junk pile when I noticed writing on the bottom ... .999 Fine Silver.

Hmm. dumb question ... what do I do with this? Set it aside and save it? It weighs a half ounce.

The only other good thing is that a long time ago I found an ugly pendant in my kids jewelry box ... it said 1/10 ounce fine silver. I had it my pile to sell with a silver lot. Pulled that out and now I have two pendants and no idea what to do with them.

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sell them to a refiner, or jewelry store.

Or save them until you have more to bring in or silver goes up

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
It don't get no better than .999. Had two 1 oz. ingots from the Bank of Italy that said that(.999). Sold them for scrap last year and never looked back. And they sure was purty too. So gross or ugly goes quick...

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, so you learn something every day. I am going through my jewelry trying to figure out what to consign. I found this heavy gross pendant and was about to toss it into the junk pile when I noticed writing on the bottom ... .999 Fine Silver. Hmm. dumb question ... what do I do with this? Set it aside and save it? It weighs a half ounce. The only other good thing is that a long time ago I found an ugly pendant in my kids jewelry box ... it said 1/10 ounce fine silver. I had it my pile to sell with a silver lot. Pulled that out and now I have two pendants and no idea what to do with them.

Does it have a name with it to? Or on it? Someone who designed it. It may be worth more then scrap

OP
OP
M

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
No name. Although the smaller pendant is a Jewish star. The other heavier one is sooo ugly. It's a flower. I saw a very similar one on Ebay. I may just hold on to them for now. gold is doing so poorly. I don't want to list anything of value right now.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No name. Although the smaller pendant is a Jewish star. The other heavier one is sooo ugly. It's a flower. I saw a very similar one on Ebay. I may just hold on to them for now. gold is doing so poorly. I don't want to list anything of value right now.

Sell all your costume jewelry! I just sold a JJ Christmas tree brooch with matching ugly earrings for $24.99!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread