9th Soccer Field Trip -I Think Im Obsessed

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
9th Soccer Field Trip -I Think I'm Obsessed

I went out in the heat of the day to hunt one more section of the soccer field. I know there has to be a ring there some where. There just has to be! Anyway, it was so hot, and the sun was shining on my meter so that I couldn't see it, I more or less had to go it blind. Even though it was so hot, I couldn't stop until I finished this section...and still no ring to be found. This is past the mission stage, it's now an obsession. The good part is I've got the big areas out of the way. There is even some shade trees in what is left....and so is that ring!

Attachments

• SOCCER FIELD 4.jpg
    SOCCER FIELD 4.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 351
  • 9th HUNT.JPG
    9th HUNT.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 362
Upvote 0
R

RUDY2003

Re: 9th Soccer Field Trip -I Think I'm Obsessed

Im holdin out for the area just left of the basketball courts around the trees....

Keep diggin buddy...

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

I can understand about the obsession thing...lol.
I love your posts buddy, with your cool satellyte views and hunt coverage. Gongrats on all your finds so far and I hope that ring is there waiting for you and your perseverance. Good luck!

Smiles!
BDoo

M-Squared

Mar 4, 2007
Long Beach, California
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum XLT & Bullseye II Probe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

No ring yet? And all of those coins...

For crying out loud'

Tell me where this park is located and I'll plant one myself... Preferably Mrs. M-Squared's wedding ring. Think she'll have a fit?

HH from M2

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's

I'm almost to the point of planting one myself. I am in total disbelief that not one single ring in all of that space. It just goes to show...show what?

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250

Still looks like a good day!! Looks like you need a good rain!!

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250

It is possible you have used up your quota of silver rings for this year...you certainly found more than your share! Just think about that gold cross and how happy your Mom was. If you don't find a ring in this field you surely will in the next one. Good luck my friend. :D

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

piggman1 said:
I'm almost to the point of planting one myself. I am in total disbelief that not one single ring in all of that space. It just goes to show...show what?

I really do know what you mean there!

I've hunted a field where kids have played for years a bunch of times this year. A walking track in the middle, football practice, relays and more I guess but not one ring. It's the same one where I found the roll of dimes, Barber dime, V nickel and lots of clad. I may not hunt that one again for a year or so. Lots of luck to you and find the BIGGUN!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread