Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, I spent about 6 hours up at a site called Golden Gully. Quite humid and about 100 degrees, the flies were driving me mad. I only managed 2 pieces of gold just under a third of a gram . You can only take what you find and thats better than nothing.Thats what i got friday evening nothing LOL. Sorry the only interesting find for the week is this 160 year gold shaft ,still in good condition. I don,t find many like this.Most mines the timber would have rotted away and the sides of the shaft generally cave in. here a pic of the site mine and my merger finds. lol

tinpan

Attachments

• S7301603.JPG
    S7301603.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 1,562
  • S7301612.JPG
    S7301612.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 1,557
  • S7301608.JPG
    S7301608.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,554
  • S7301609.JPG
    S7301609.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 1,560
  • S7301605.JPG
    S7301605.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 1,560
  • S7301607.JPG
    S7301607.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 1,564
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold is Gold !
I'd take it & Be Happy :thumbsup:

Nice Hunt !

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
Nice couple pieces of gold. Have you tried pure Vanilla extract. Not the fake stuff. It worked here last year when we had problems with pesky gnat like bugs. Also for mosquito we either eat lot of garlic or buy garlic pills and take them. So that might work on the flies too. :icon_sunny: HH in 2010 :icon_sunny:

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Congrats on the gold. Any gold is better than no gold.
Dman
Dman

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Knightwalker said:
Nice couple pieces of gold. Have you tried pure Vanilla extract. Not the fake stuff. It worked here last year when we had problems with pesky gnat like bugs. Also for mosquito we either eat lot of garlic or buy garlic pills and take them. So that might work on the flies too. :icon_sunny: HH in 2010 :icon_sunny:

thanks for the idea as insect repellant wares off to quick

tinpan

tuatara

Jan 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
ML Explorer SE
Sweet!!! It is not that easy to find gold in Australia nowadays than it used to be once. Your persistence is paying off. The mine looks very tasty to me.

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tuatara said:
Sweet!!! It is not that easy to find gold in Australia nowadays than it used to be once. Your persistence is paying off. The mine looks very tasty to me.

thanks for your reply, i managed 22 ozs in the past year and i,m up too 12 grams for this year.

tinpan

tuatara

Jan 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
ML Explorer SE
thanks for your reply, i managed 22 ozs in the past year and i,m up too 12 grams for this year.

You did extremely well, tinpan!!! And every nugget, even the smallest one, is unique and is object of heavenly art. Gosh, I miss Victoria and the goldfields.

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tuatara said:

You did extremely well, tinpan!!! And every nugget, even the smallest one, is unique and is object of heavenly art. Gosh, I miss Victoria and the goldfields.

hi tuatara , Yeilds of gold have increased due the big bush fire we had last year , burnt out areas that were completely over grown with native and feral vegitation. All gone Never been mded :) :) :)

tinpan

tuatara

Jan 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
ML Explorer SE
hi tuatara , Yeilds of gold have increased due the big bush fire we had last year , burnt out areas that were completely over grown with native and feral vegitation. All gone Never been mded

Hi tinpan,

You are in the right place at the right time. Still, it requires a lot of effort and research to find the yella stuff. WTG!!! I am in WA at the moment and far from the goldfields >:(

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Every little bit of the yellow adds up.
Flies were amazing, at sundown they go through a metamorphosis and turn into moths. :laughing7:

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
hi tinpan, the united states military has insect repellant in cream form it outlasts the others by several hours. we have a spray here called permanon, you treat your clothes with it. for 2 weeks it will kill bugs that land on your clothes. add a head veil and you're covered from head to foot.

permanon will kill mosquitos,flies,spiders,ticks,chiggers,and a whole bunch of nasty crawley flying critters. I have used it to kill hornets before.

p.s. I love the mine that is way too cool.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice site pictures and congrats on the little girly sized nuggets, LOL! HH, Mike

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
wwwtimmcp said:
hi tinpan, the united states military has insect repellant in cream form it outlasts the others by several hours. we have a spray here called permanon, you treat your clothes with it. for 2 weeks it will kill bugs that land on your clothes. add a head veil and you're covered from head to foot.

permanon will kill mosquitos,flies,spiders,ticks,chiggers,and a whole bunch of nasty crawley flying critters. I have used it to kill hornets before.

p.s. I love the mine that is way too cool.

Sounds down right nasty, that Permanone. :tongue3:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o

Wow Gold :o great pictures of the area :thumbsup: what do you do with the Gold :dontknow: do you sell or keep, or have jewelry made from it :dontknow: it would be great to have a loved ones ring made from Gold you have found. I have been thinking of doing it whith this piece I found a number of years ago :-\

SS

Attachments

• LOST GOLD.jpg
    LOST GOLD.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 591
  • LOST GOLD REV.jpg
    LOST GOLD REV.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 577

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread