a 1715 fleet ship may have just been found!

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Not joking. Not some nut saying this. :-) A public company has been working on this for years. They just this past week said they found more of what they feel IS a 1715 ship. They are working with the state of Florida, they have permits to do the digging, they are doing it all legal. And have been for a while. But, they are getting closer.

Seafarer Exploration (SFRX) posted a bunch of pictures and a video talking about their finds this past week. They say it will take all summer just to get a good handle on the site, so no, not a ton (Literally) of coins out of the water yet. But this week they found a 5' by 18' piece of the ship, and other items. And their archeologist, who has experience on the 1715 fleet, says it is from the 1715 era.

Anyway, I'm not here to pump them (Much. lol) I'm here to inform the board that something may be about to be announced in the next few months, as they explore the site, and I figured you guys would like to know, since you are interested in shipwrecks.

If this is what they think it is, then this is probably the biggest find since Mel's find 30 years ago. :-) Of course, until it is found and salvaged, it is too early to say, but again, this is to inform those on the board who might be interested that something is potentially in the works, and from a legitimate company in the legitimate area with a legitimate permit. Also, the stock message board has about 5 posts a day, but has had over 150 posts in the last three days, so there is a lot of chatter going on.

Now you know too. :-)

Denniss

Jan 7, 2011
Fort Pierce, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Fisher Impulse, Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
What's the general location, Canaveral, Melbourne, Sebastian, Fort Pierce, Port St Lucie?

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Their was something on t.v. about this. A investor who was doing this stated that this is all above board in some new company. He said the state was working with them and everything was above board. Before this I heard they thought they found a 1715 ship. Sounds like they want to do this write. Good luck

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Last edited:

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
What's the general location, Canaveral, Melbourne, Sebastian, Fort Pierce, Port St Lucie?

growing up as a kid in Titusvile, it was basically common knowledge that an untouched 1715 wreck lay just off shore from the apollo launch pads.
One Nasa employee would stop for a sandwich and show me "lunch finds" at the counter of the Concession stand at the VM fishing Pier at the foot of the Causeway.
His cobs looked huge to a 6 year old El Padron, but I also remember it not being that big a deal.

Last edited:

Crusty Shellback

Jul 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have a link to this stock message board? Thanks..

OP
OP
jrf30

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
There are two companies working on two of the 1715 fleet. One is at Cape Canaveral, which would be the one you mentioned you saw cobs from as a boy. theother is near Melbourne.

My educated guess is that IF (Guys, I say that because until I see it, it is still an IF. I think there is something to each of these, but there's still a lot of doubt) they are both working true 1715 ships, the one in Melbourne is the Concepcion (they even have a platter with the name of the captains wife on it or something like that, which was found on site) and the other one is the Hollandaisa. Just guesses. I'm betting more on the Melbourne beach one than the Cape one, just because of how much the company has already in research and actual artifacts.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heartland treasure quest partnered up with seafarer on the melbourne site.Seafarer was the one who got the salvage permit from the state.How they did that is beyond me since the state hasn't given out any salvage contracts to anyone in the past 20 years.They must have had the state over a barrel on something.

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
So, wait.

Did this company get a permit to salvage the ship off the cape? Is this verified in-stone?

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Melbourne is not the cape.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the conception was known to have had 4 survivors from its wrecking wash up on the cape after floating for 2 days on a hatch cover --according to old records * there are 2 other "unaccounted for" wrecks ... the French prize vessel known as "El Ciervo" (the stag) ... and he tobacco hauling nao vessel SAN MIGUEL ... the other much smaller vessel named SAN MIGUEL as well as other names ( HOLLANDESIA . THE DUTCH PRIZE , SENOR DE LA POPA ) loication is well known * Echervez himself wrote in letters to the king of Spain STATING that he was writing to him "from the real (camp) of the HOLLANDESIA * the records shows that being a small ship it hit in shallow water and its upper deck works sheared off from its bottom hull --coming ashore like a giant surf board ... these deck work / cabin areas were used as a shelter area during the salvage operations ... thus the HOLLANDESIA location is well established as being near the main 1715 fleet wreck sites -- 8 vessels are sank close to one another all 5 of Ubilla's plus the 2 major treasure vessels of Echervez,s , plus the HOLLANDESIA ===the other 3 missing Echeverz vessels ARE --the Conception , the El Ciervo , and the nao SAN MIGEUL all 3 sailed away the day before headed northward from the other 8 vesselsa day before storm hit the main fleet of 8 vessels .--- salmon speaks of there being 9 vessels sank and 2 unaccounted for in his letter to the king dated sept 20 ,1715 --thus salmon knew of the 8 local vessels wrecked together and had word of the conception sinking but did not know for sure of the other 2 vessels --the NAO SAN MIGUEL AND THE FRENCH PRIZE (EL CIERVO).. he said of them that they were thought to have sank on the high seas (no survivors) because wreckage of a large vessel or vessels was found on the north coast of tt Augustine ...

Last edited:

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Melbourne is not the cape.

I know that. I guess I should have said "So did someone get a permit to salvage the cape?" because everyone knows there's a ship out there but its always been a no-go.

Ought to be one somewhere off Amelia Island, too, which IIRC someone got an exploration permit for?

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone know what this is trading for per share?

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok now I'm clnfused. I thought that Webber? had already found and recovered from the Conception?

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
S.C.Shooter, this is another Conception. The Spaniards had a very limited vocabulary so they kept naming their vessels after ships that were lost before. I guess they didn't have any notion of bad karma by naming their new ships after ones that were wrecked.

Last edited:

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Salvor and Penzfan. It's nice to know that I can always get info. from the experienced people here.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the Spanish used "holy names" of the catholic faith as "protection" from the seas they invoked the saints by naming their ships after them and they used other holy names and symbols as well --conception --after the holy conception of the virgin mary * & the mother of jesus.----.often the ships owner used their patron saints name in the case of the 1715 fleet that lead to more than one "San Miguel" in Echeverz's fleet -- one was a large nao that was hauling tobacco loaded in cuba and the other a much smaller dutch prize vessel taken in South America for illegal trading

over the years due to this very common practice ---there were often dozen of wrecked vessels from different times and places that all had the "same name"...it can be quite difficult to do proper research because of this especially if two vessels with the same name sank in the same general area or close time frame wise.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions