JBnNC

May 25, 2013
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I rarely find modern jewelry because I try to focus my limited detecting time on historical or Civil War sites. However, this week I felt the urge to get out to a spot that I thought should have coins/jewelry....I only had three hours to hunt before work and I did find a bunch of modern coins and a bunch of pull tabs. Right before leaving, one of the pull tab #s turned out to be a nice 14K white gold band. I'm going to have to try this type of hunting a little more often.

Later in the day while at work my phone rings. It's the daughter-in-law of a good friend of mine who had the day before lost a greatly valued gold ring. She and her children had photos taken in a field and she was sure it was there. I couldn't wait to help out and I rushed home to get the detector. The directions that she gave led me to a dead end road with fields on each side...one had been mowed for hay(perfect for detecting) and the other had waist high broom straw.... guess which one I would be detecting in. Luckily they had put a blanket down for the kids and it showed me exactly where they had been. I found her ring in about 5 minutes. She was so happy and invited me to detect her parents 1860's home "that has an even older chimney behind it"....

--JB

Attachments

• IMG_5023.PNG
    IMG_5023.PNG
    500.6 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_5032.PNG
    IMG_5032.PNG
    388.9 KB · Views: 99
Upvote 31

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that's a beautiful ring. Excellent return and excellent find on that white gold ring too.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honorable mention vote good job great day for everyone

Shakakka

May 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whew, that ring is beautiful! Great job, great deed. Good luck on the old property, hopefully Karma kicks in and rewards you with something nice. 8-)

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I rarely find modern jewelry because I try to focus my limited detecting time on historical or Civil War sites. However, this week I felt the urge to get out to a spot that I thought should have coins/jewelry....I only had three hours to hunt before work and I did find a bunch of modern coins and a bunch of pull tabs. Right before leaving, one of the pull tab #s turned out to be a nice 14K white gold band. I'm going to have to try this type of hunting a little more often.

Later in the day while at work my phone rings. It's the daughter-in-law of a good friend of mine who had the day before lost a greatly valued gold ring. She and her children had photos taken in a field and she was sure it was there. I couldn't wait to help out and I rushed home to get the detector. The directions that she gave led me to a dead end road with fields on each side...one had been mowed for hay(perfect for detecting) and the other had waist high broom straw.... guess which one I would be detecting in. Luckily they had put a blanket down for the kids and it showed me exactly where they had been. I found her ring in about 5 minutes. She was so happy and invited me to detect her parents 1860's home "that has an even older chimney behind it"....

--JB

WTG JB
1 Keeper & 1 return .
Gold is rare for us Relic hunters but It does happen , Man ! I'm way over-due for a Goldie.
GL on your future hunts.
Davers

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nice finds.

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That white gold filigree ring is really nice and congrats on the return.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
beautiful rings, awesome job and great return

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job on finding that ring for that young lady, I know from experience that she was appreciative. I really get good vibes when I help someone find jewelry. About 3 years ago I had a friend who had cancer, but he never gave up. Always doing something around his house. Well one evening he called in a panic having lost his black hills gold wedding band due to extreme wight loss, he was livid. He asked and I jumped at the chance to help him attempt to locate it.....he either lost it in the yard or in the trimmings he placed in the garbage can. We covered the yard for an hour or so with no luck. We turned to the garbage can and dumped about 1/2 of it out and in the first swing we located that ring in the middle of yard clippings, still in original shape. He was so happy and appreciative and I felt honored to help my friend. He eventually passed but his wife talks about finding that ring, how happy he was, and that he would never have found it without my metal detector. It is good feeling to help.......

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Two beautiful rings! Nice find/return...good luck at the new permission! :occasion14:

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you killed it!

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007