a 4 copper day

leddel

Jun 30, 2006
connecticut
today my buddies George , Chris and i went out to look for a couple of new sites ( from info we got last weekend) so at dawn's early light we were trekking through the brisk woods to the first site but we couldn't find it. on the way we spotted a suspicious looking area to hit for a few minutes , still not 100% sure what it was. almost nothing but iron signals but i did pull out one of the crappiest coppers i ever saw with a hole in the middle . shortly after we went to look for site 2 , this one was a big center chimney colonial with lots of area . George shortly pulls up the first coin and yells out hey i gotta wheatie ( you gotta be kidding) . well after some time i picked up some buttons and 3 more coppers , a 1787 fugio penny ,an 1805 draped bust large cent and a ships colonies commerce token . thanks for looking and hurry up and get out there before you can't .

Dan

Attachments

• ships token site.JPG
    ships token site.JPG
    173 KB · Views: 338
  • nov.7th -09 finds 1.JPG
    nov.7th -09 finds 1.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 339
  • nov. fugio reverse (tp) 1.JPG
    nov. fugio reverse (tp) 1.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 342
  • 1805 large cent (front) 1.JPG
    1805 large cent (front) 1.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 340
  • ships colonies commerce token 1.JPG
    ships colonies commerce token 1.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 389
Upvote 0

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a bad day at all. The ships token traveled a little to get there.

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006
Super hunt!!A fugio and that Draped Bust is in great shape,That token is very interesting.Congrats. :thumbsup:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
leddel said:
thanks IP any info on these tokens where they were issued and the time period??

Canadian Colonial token dating about 1829, many varieties exist, some on the rare side, most are common, but hard to determine on dug coins. I've found quite a few over the years, all common or the type couldn't be ID'ed. There are also blacksmith versions of these and are quite rare.

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Leddel, my Colonial brother, :hello2:

That is a killer day there! The Fugio is my favorite out of the four. :headbang: Keep hunting that site for its lost coppers, buddy! :notworthy:

Kyle

OP
OP
leddel

leddel

Jun 30, 2006
connecticut
KylePA said:

That is a killer day there! The Fugio is my favorite out of the four. :headbang: Keep hunting that site for its lost coppers, buddy! :notworthy:

Kyle

thanks Kyle , i'm still working on the fugio its in very good shape . that picture doesn't do it justice and i'm pretty sure its a club rays variety . well i took the lead in our copper race with the 1818 matron i picked up yesterday and these four that makes 33 for me , George got 2 today he's at 31 and dave's sitting with 26 . i expect no less from you guys this year , hope you guys kick@$$ and take names on your next hunt. take care Kyle.

Dan

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
leddel said:
KylePA said:

Kyle

thanks Kyle , i'm still working on the fugio its in very good shape . that picture doesn't do it justice and i'm pretty sure its a club rays variety . well i took the lead in our copper race with the 1818 matron i picked up yesterday and these four that makes 33 for me , George got 2 today he's at 31 and dave's sitting with 26 . i expect no less from you guys this year , hope you guys kick@$$ and take names on your next hunt. take care Kyle.

Dan

You fellas are amazing at digging those greenies. :notworthy: I'm hoping for a copper or two tomorrow. I think I have a good chance at it.

Kyle

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice recovery :o MR TUFF

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
All right Leddel my man. You guys are keeping my colonial juices flowing by posting these coppers. I found a Ships Colonies and Commerce token a couple of years ago here in Pa. In the same hole as a 1844 or 42 copper. I love the Fugio and that Draped bust is in great shape. Keep em coming my friend. :thumbsup:
Chris

FortBedfordbob

Dec 25, 2007
Bedford Pa
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, GPX 5000
Oh My ! What a Sweet Hunt ! Hows come my Largies don't look like that ;D Just kidding :D Man you just Have to Love this Hobby :icon_thumright:

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
do you mean george(coinnut) tell grandma he better take more vitamins. that is one great hunt i like the ship token !! no i like it all. willy

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
great job on the coins!

they all look really nice and got some great age to them!

like I Patch said, it has travelled, crazy where I see some of them show up outside of where they originally circulated, since I see them some the times I hunt, it doesn't hurt my feelings to see another show up

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You had a great day with 3 out of 4 being in pretty darn good conditiion. Three or more coppers for me on one hunt is a rarity anymore and never was a common occurance, my son does it more than me, I'm more of a Oner on a hunt! ::)
Love the Ship Token, and Fugio and nothing wrong with the Draped Bust either. Any idea on the holed one? My gut feeling on holed ones with a smaller hole in the center of a coin is a mark to say it is a counterfeit, but just my feeling on coppers like that......

Don

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread