A 4yr old detectorist in the making

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a local city totlot,noticed I was being watched by a young boy who soon came to me and asked if I was looking for pirates treasure which made me laugh. His uncle told him I was looking for money in the ground and the little boy laughed saying aww there's no money here but soon I produced a 1963 dime which turned this little 4 yr old into a digging machine. Without asking he grabbed my edge digger and started digging in the same hole I pulled the dime. I thought I'd make his day and when he wasn't looking I dropped a quarter in the hole, let him use my pro-pointer and of course he found it. He was so tickled to find it that he started walking all around touching the ground with the pro-pointer. He found a pulltab and said this is junk, I laughed and said yep they're the worst. He found a nickel by himself and his uncle called it quits for the day it was getting hot. I hope I spell his name right, Demetrius said thank you and I did as well. We didn't find a big treasure but that little kid put a smile on my face. I heard him ask his uncle as they walked away if he could have one for his birthday.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LoL Great story, thank you for sharing. You may have created a monster or the next gen enthusiast.

Tucson Dan

Jan 30, 2013
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 150, ACE 350, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's so much fun to watch a child find something. My 7 yr old has his own MD and we go to sports fields often hunting for coin. I don't get to use my MD much because I'm digging his holes. When he's not looking, I stab the ground and shovel a pendant or cool coin in that I bring from home. When he finds it, the item is his and he has no idea I am putting them there. It sure brightens his day and keeps him interested. True treasure hunting to him!

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool story man

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got one,of those my sons 3 gonna b 4 in Sept, he's in love with the deus xp cuz I can actually adjust it to fit the little guy. Everytime I say I'm goin out detecting he asks if I'm using his detector or if he can go cuz he has one, start em young

ForumRunner_20130723_174004.png

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dude, you made that kid's day! So thoughtful of you to slip that quarter in the hole :)
I can only imagine how a 4 year old would react to finding money in the ground!

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Christo, that kid is going to be a dirt fisher for sure. Funny how the deus is "his" and in his mind I bet that sweet machine is,must be nice to start off with such a nice one. I've tried to get my 14 yr old daughter involved but she can't be seen in public doing such things yet my 20 yr old daughter who thought the same now wants to do it. Girls confuse me, and my wife doesn't help me decode any of it.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awww bzbadger you brought a smile to my face this morning.:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread