A afternoon of searching.....nice black Dalton and stones

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Wow ..How cool is that to be able to step on that island ! Are you walking out to it..or is there water yet that you have to cross....Your finds have been absolutely inspiring...Thank you for always sharing your pics and stories!

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
That Dalton point is REALLY nice! Wow... I would love to find just one like that... man.....I'm so jelous. As a side note to the muddy bottom shallow water:
A lot of years ago they drained a lake by my house (was just a creek originally with a few campsites along it) and sticking out of the bank of what was the creek was a large piece of chipped stone. Could't tell for sure what it was. One guy tried to walk to it and was knee deep in really stinky muck with in two steps, lost his boot pulling his leg out of the muck. Another guy (who I eventually became friends with but didn't know at the time) strapped some big flat pieces of plywood to his boots and walked out there and picked it up. It turned out to be a roughly flaked double bitted axe! We thought we were going to have to call the fire department for a rescue a couple of times but he did make it where as walking out there without the wood adaptation was 100% impossible. Just an idea. As a side note to my side note: ;D After the guy passed away his widow came by the house and gave that exact piece to me and said that Bill wanted me to have it. I miss that guy.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
W :o W...Atlantis, these are just too awesome.

;) RR

OP
OP
A

Atlantis0077

LOL Cannonman...

You have the right idea, but we are way ahead of you....think snow shoes....they work wonders, the only problem is rather like a track backhoe or bulldozer has....you can go a lot of places, but if you get stuck with those things on....heaven help you. Yesterday I fell off in what could only be called a quicksand wallow... to the waist...had to lay down on my chest and "swim" out of the mud...I was covered with sand, mud and crap.....I will post what I found though....LOL.

I have seen them adapt hardware cloth wire into boots, to walk the mud, and a host of other things as well....my primary tool is a long handled pronged digger has 4 heavy tines on the end of a stick...you can use that for leverage and get to a lot of places.....those boot things tend to make you take chances you should not....a false sense of security I guess you would call it....if you ever get bogged down way out there in some sort of improvised waders, you have had it...no way to get back. I err on the side of caution most of the time, unless I can actually see something good.

Atlantis

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
Yeah, I hear ya, scares me too- people around here use long boards strapped to their feet to go out on to the ice for fishing before the ice is thick enough to walk/drive on to... yikes. I like ice fishing but that's crazy. Same with that type of mud you're talking about... :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread