A bad day Im sure we all have.

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
A bad day I'm sure we all have.

Got out twice this weekend with the 250. A spot that had produced in the past went cold on me, three hours and not much to show.........visited a second area the next day and put in 6 straight hours of non stop digging.......1965 quarters and dimes were coming out of the ground left and right.......and I was nearly shocked by how deep the re-calibrated after a coil breakdown 250 was performing......dimes were really coming out from 6 inches. I even ran into some early date wheats. I was expecting a silver something to pop out, but it never happened. I'm a little pissed off at the person who decided to drop their quarter slug......as it had me going there for a second..........oh wells. I'm in a slump and will simply have to get out of it.

Upvote 0

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
Re: A bad day I'm sure we all have.

don;t worry ricardo. I ahd the same thing at my site. Thought it dried up then hit it again and the goodies were coming out again.

Go to another spot for a bit and go back after a month or so.

HH

Funkman

lionhrt9

Dec 10, 2005
NW Indiana, there's silver in dem grounds!!!
Detector(s) used
Minelab (Xterra50) and Garrett (Ace 250)<-Gone to dad in Montana

Heck i really didnt have a slump to come out of,.... yet but I have been digging clad and various for awhile. Just now really getting my feet wet. You will come out of it, sounds like your getting deep target so the spots are just getting harder to find that's all.

Knock on some door, who knows??

Keep your head up!

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

Here's my sunday, 3 hours cleaning garage, 1 hour 15 minute watching 6 year old daughters soccer game while chasing screaming 2 year old son from field to field(missed most of my sweetie's game) 2 hours prepairing daughters veggie garden. Big ZERO hours detecting :(. Not a really bad day but an hour or two swinging the XLT would have been nice!!

kenb

tnredneck

Dec 11, 2006
Paris, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2

Ricardo,

We all have 'em but all we have to do is come here and see all of the good stuff found by fellow th'ers and before you know it your enthusiasm is back and the old blood is pumpin' and we can't wait to get back out there!!! I mostly coinshoot at older homes but i get just as excited over a dog tag, belt buckle or some other older treasure lost long ago as a coin...don't get me wrong, i love those old coins but if i find anything that i deem not trash i am satisfied that the next one will be silver!!! You'll probably be back in a day or two with silver to show us!!!!!

HH Tnredneck

Maryland Searcher

Mar 4, 2007
Maryland, Pennsylvania line
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT (New model)

Amen Ken, I spent all day Sunday cleaning the yard of leaves, twigs and debris. Took a shower, tweaked the computer wireless connection (should have taken five minutes, but took two hours) and then had to fill paperwork out for work.
All in all, it took me till about 12:30 the next morning.
I could use a little "swing time" before and after the local garden plot is dug up so I can sympathise
Good luck on the next outing, if we get one![
Im still waiting to get access to my local CW encampment. 8)b][/b]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions