Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as I hobble into the branch a month after the new hip....teller says she saved these for me----custy tells her they are all wheat cents that are not worth anything. about 20 rolls of all wheaties. that bein' a Folgers 11 0z. filled with the haul. a vast # of 19teens, '20's, '30's & the usual '40's & '50's------- plus 2 1/2 rolls of OBW rerolled BUNC '71-S's.

then the errors--- many LAMS, a few greasers, no DD anythings, many 19teens with the dates OBLITERATED with recent scraping. found 2 '55-P's with a tail off the lower "E" of Liberty. a bonanza of most years with "S" MM's. not a key date ---

but, --------well, my, my, my, ---- in the words of homicide detective Lt. Joe Kenda--- more on that coming shortly:laughing9:

IMG_8928.JPG
IMG_8929.JPG
IMG_8930.JPG
IMG_8931.JPG
IMG_8932.JPG

got my 1ST copper double clip
IMG_8938.JPG
IMG_8937.JPG
IMG_8940.JPG

but back to the key date thing---- wanna waterboard the :tard::angry5::sad11: who did this---

IMG_8933.JPG
IMG_8934.JPG

but wait,------ there's more____ if you act now you get to see another surprise from the haul :hello2:
IMG_8941.JPG
IMG_8942.JPG

the "55 with the tail--
IMG_8935.JPG
IMG_8936.JPG

finally, my LCS provided this to find it a new home-- our usual 50/50 split the profit seal--
IMG_8943.JPG
IMG_8944.JPG

now my fingers hurt--- back to groping the rest of the CWR Cent rolls :dontknow:--- maybe more surprises for my $20 transaction :laughing9:

Upvote 0

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice haul...…..

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is a nice haul. Congrats. You cleaned house and the 2 center is the icing on the cake.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice haul of wheats, covering nearly all the decades. That's a good teller you have to hold on to those wheats until you got there, congrats.

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul of wheats, covering nearly all the decades. That's a good teller you have to hold on to those wheats until you got there, congrats.

will update once the load is sorted -- seems I have every year--- just missing the '14-D, '22-D & 31-S-- no '09-S or THAT OTHER '09. this bank has a stellar staff--- it's why they get special gifts--- the Easter bunny will be bringing something for them:icon_biggrin:to :snorting: out on.

got a few more wheats today with a few errors and a '41 Jeffy LAM. many older wheats are VF/XF so a few bucks each is in the game plan-- better than 2 cents each :happysmiley:

Johnny5

Feb 19, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelabs CTX 3030, Excalibur and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the 2 cent piece. Maybe that teller will hold all the silver coins for you as well. Good luck.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
PEA: you're missing the same KEY COINS that all other Lincoln Cents collectors are missing. I've been collecting since the 60's, and was missing those key coins, until just last spring 2018 that an old elderly gentleman that I know gave me a small handful of old coins., one of which was the 1914-D in F-VF condition. Keep looking & waiting, you've got the rest of your life to find them.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fantastic find; some very nice coins in the lot! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a good teller lol I had mine save me boxes from an old couple of halves in old paper rolls havent gone through em yet will see good to know these tellers

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats a good teller lol I had mine save me boxes from an old couple of halves in old paper rolls havent gone through em yet will see good to know these tellers

Please let us know the contents etc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread