A Beautiful 1927 Winged Liberty Dime & I.D help with a Strange token. Lock & Marbles

SC SLING

Sep 22, 2010
SC,FL,TX,PA,GA,NC,
Detector(s) used
BOUNTY HUNTER 505 & AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Beautiful 1927 Winged Liberty Dime & I.D help with a Strange token. Lock & Marbles

I had a nice afternoon of hunting after work (1.5hrs). This was at a new spot I had my eyes on for sometime. I hit it with my friends AT Pro. This is after using a Bounty Hunter 505 for 3+years. Don't laugh ! I like the turn on and go metal detectors and have found some nice items with them. I just ordered my AT Pro so thought I would give it a try. I like the AT Pro but I sure do have a lot to learn.Any help with a I.D. on the token would be great. Good luck to all on your next trip out and remember door knocking works! You will never know unless you ask..

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 153
  • unnamed2.jpg
    unnamed2.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 160
  • unnamed3.jpg
    unnamed3.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 134
  • unnamed4.jpg
    unnamed4.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 124
Upvote 9

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A very classy haul there my friend ! I love the Merc ! and the marbles are wonderful too !!
( I had to come back and show some love for the padlock as well) .

Last edited:

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice merc. I hope you're happy with your new AT Pro when it arrives. I see many great finds found with that machine posted on here so you have a quality machine on the way.

s.tan

Aug 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The token is a pressed and rolled penny from one of those machines you find at many popular attractions. Great finds. GL & HH!

Last edited:

Sobo

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Ctx 3030, Omega 8500, AT Pro, Ace 150, Explorer XS, Explorer SE / Sunray Probe, Bounter Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds, love finding those old marbles! Thanks for sharing and HH.

unfound

Apr 15, 2014
Western Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350,
BH Tracker IV,
Garret Pro Pointer,
Lesche Sampson Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No laughing here at the turn on and go metal detectors.

My son uses the BH tracker IV and has probably found as many coins and other cool little things as anybody. No shame in that game.
Metal detectors just make an educated guess, some just guess better than others. Your going to love the added depth of the AT Pro after you get it figured out.

PS: I Really like the lock and digging mercs never gets old. I've found a ton of old toys but never a single marble....those marbles are in great shape.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice finds. Congrats on the nice Merc.

You will like the AT Pro. You already found a Merc and machine hasn't even arrived yet. Pretty good.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The token looks like a souvenir from the Pacific Science Center in Seattle, WA. "Still crazy after 25 years."
Don.....

That's what I was thinking (One of those Crushed Penny deals).

Great Finds OP

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
it is an adjustment, but a pleasurable one as i am learning myself, you will love it as you learn it.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds man!! That other item is an elongated penny, I find those ALOT around the Zoo in my town, what sucks is most of the ones i find are made from Zinc pennies, so they are gargbage

MichiganMan

Jun 13, 2008
Kalamazoo County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
A cheap one until I can decide on a very good brand-name one to buy.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I assume the "token" is from one of those machines that you put a penny in and it smashes/rolls it out to whatever the design of the place you are visiting. They have one of those at the Kalamazoo Air Museum here in Kalamazoo.

That "lock" is interesting.It kind of looks like a hot plate [obviously too small for one]. Would you please shoot a picture of the other side?

Last edited:
OP
OP
SC SLING

SC SLING

Sep 22, 2010
SC,FL,TX,PA,GA,NC,
Detector(s) used
BOUNTY HUNTER 505 & AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did rub it under some running water after I got back to the hotel. Should I have not done that ??

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
I did rub it under some running water after I got back to the hotel. Should I have not done that ??

running it under water is good, but there are visible hairlines (small scratches) on this coin, so it may have been handled a bit too rough. I start by letting a small stream of water hit it and gently wash the dirt away. I use dish soap on it too and don't rub. The remaining dirt left I gently dab. Usually works just fine. Been doing it this way for a few years, and the soap has never caused any issues either.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread