14.8 KB · Views: 536
Upvote 0

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
That is one sweet, old jug!!! Ive seen em appraised at a nice hefty figure Maureen, dont know anything about it but an expert can tell you when it was made & who made it Im sure! Have an expert appraise that beauty! Congrats on a great find!

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Yeah Maureen, but arent you Sabers better half? Its always been my experience that "Whats yours is yours & whats his is yours". He may of found it but Im sure if you ask real nice & maybe bat your eyes a little bit he'll gladly give it to you with a smile on his face & in his heart! I know that works on me everytime! ;)

I dont know much about them but Ive seen them appraised for asstonishing amounts, I watch Antiques Roadshow a lot! lol I do know the market for old pottery has escalated recently. As I said, I wouldnt sell it until you have a good appraisal or even two, you never know, might buy you a nice new car! OK, maybe a new detector or two! Good luck!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice jug, any markings or stamps on the bottom? HH, Mike

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Nice Find. You didnt tell us how tall yours was tho. My sister out in Montana has found several of those. Cool!

OP
OP
maureen

maureen

gypsyheart said:
Nice Find. You didnt tell us how tall yours was tho. My sister out in Montana has found several of those. Cool!
Hi Maureen...

This is the closest I've found to what you have..It looks like it to me..except perhaps the glazing..
???

http://www.cyberattic.com/stores/sweeterwithtime/items/221089/item221089cyberattic.html

jnut

It seems that the jug that j nut presented here on this forum is too small and the edges of the flared top and spout are rough.
Our jug is about 8 inches tall and 9 inches in diameter. The smooth surface of the jug as a whole, the top and the spout indicate that the potter that made this was very seasoned in his/her handiwork.
We would still like to hear everyones ideas as to how olde this particular jug is and maybe the nationality of the design. If it is Chinese we would welcome proof of its design; ie a picture and documentation of it, showing the same size as ours and the superiour craftmanship that our jug implies.
Again thank you for your help and research

Maureen

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread