A BIG CHANCE for Silver

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Stopped at one of my drop banks that have a machine in the lobby, went to dump my halfs, machine filled up in the half bag. Teller came to change bags and I said "now that's a bag I'd like to buy & search". He turns to me and yea you can buy the full bags but not partials. With that my eyes lite up, finally able to get bags again, dimes quarters halves, who knows how much. Teller says that's it's because of the coin shortage that they started to do this. Don't know HOW IN THE WORLD selling bags off the machine is going to help the coin shortage. I'm planning to go get that half bag first thing Monday morning, they will save it for me. Also planning to buy the dime bags as they fill up, but have reservations about the quarters, which I might still do just for the heck of the possibilities. Comments ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might be worth it to buy all three.
Honestly, you may get the best finds from the quarters, tho, with all the West Points out there. My personal buy order on bags would be quarters, halves, then dimes. I have to reroll everything, and I would probably just pass on the dimes myself- that’d be too much work for me to count/reroll them all.

srcdco

Dec 11, 2006
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Nox-800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a bank near me that has not allowed me to buy bags off the machine. With the coin shortage, I offered to buy the bags, roll the coins and bring the rolls back to them and they are now considering it. Maybe that's what this bank is hoping you'll do for them. If they can't get coin from their normal source, this may be a way to get some without paying employees to roll them in house.

Scott

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
get a tube for the qtrs & dimes, no need to count the coins, just fill & count # of tubes for final count. paper wrappers are free from all banks. dump my halves but return qtrs for restocking the bank's inventory

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread