A Big Thankyou to Whites!

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, AM Recon Sluice, Technetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I bought my MXT in 2006 and had hardly used it until this year after retiring. I had just changed the factory batteries and had maybe 4-5 hours on new ones when it quit working. I finally had to send it into White's for repair. They had to replace the main board and a switch. They understood my situation and even thought it was 6 years old and wayyy out of warranty the were able to greatly discount the board and switch thereby saving me quite a bit of money. They were great to work with and I just wanted to give them credit for treating me the way they did. THANKS WHITE'S!:thumbsup:

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've always received good service from Whites...enjoy your retirement.

NJ

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, Whites has always been good to me as well.
They listen when you call them with questions, and
never had a problem when I've mailed my detectors
to be repaired or checked up on.
Good people.
Carl

meffinger1

Jun 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prefered repair / service center

Greetings everyone. New to the forum. I'm needing service performed on my DFX and have heard that it should be sent back to Sweet Home, OR for the best of care. There are other regional repair facilities. Has anyone had experience with these and do they have the reputation for quality care that Sweet Home has? Thank you all for any additional information.

Mike in Philly

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whites has always treated me great.I recently sent them my surf PRO PI hopeing to have my coil cable replaced because while detecting the machine would shut off by itself.
I spoke with the teck who was going to work on it,and I asked him to rehardwire the coil wire to the box and he said he would.A couple of day later I get a call saying It's all
set.I paid 100 dollars and was told that the coil was replaced,when It arrived I took it out of box and new right away It was the same coil,turns out they replaced the o ring
and a silica pack and a bracket on box,preasure tested it and sent it back to me. needless to say I got mad and called them up,they told me to send it back and they would
take care of it,sent it back they put a df coil on it and sent it back to me,so now I have half PI PRO half dual field and it works great,so thank you whites.Also there was no charge,not to forget they replaced the mother board.

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings everyone. New to the forum. I'm needing service performed on my DFX and have heard that it should be sent back to Sweet Home, OR for the best of care. There are other regional repair facilities. Has anyone had experience with these and do they have the reputation for quality care that Sweet Home has? Thank you all for any additional information.

Mike in Philly

Sent my DFX and older Silver Eagle to be either repaired, or just a tune-up, many times throughout the years.
Always got them back quickly, and the cost was either more than reasonable, or free.
If they had a factory out here in Denver, I'd apply for a job there.
The only other company that I've ever had the same type of service quality is KOSS, for their headphones.
There are other headphones that are just as good, and in all honesty, possibly better, but when I slam my cars' trunk, severing the cable,
it's nice to know that the warranty covers all repairs.
For life.
Six dollars, and they'll send me a new set, if they can't repair the old.
Carl

OP
OP
K

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, AM Recon Sluice, Technetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
meffinger 1- Don't call the regional repair facility. Only call the home offige in Sweet Home Oregon. Originaly when I needed to send mine in I called the regional facility and a tech (whom works on many different brands) wasn't too helpful on my situation. I got the feeling that just send it in, he'll fix it then call me with the total. I then called Oregon and ended up talking with Todd who did the repair and felt like he really wanted to help. I sent it to them, he called me after he got it and then after it had been repaired. It's personal service at the home office. Even though mine was nearly 6 years old they really discounted the motherboard for me. I'm sure the regional tech wouldn't have done that. I wouldn't send it anywhere but to them. It's just great customer service barr none.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread