A bit of an update... 4K dollars worth of halves searched.

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
OK, so.... I am amazed at how this hobby goes, I dont have exact percentages but In the 3 months I have been CRH'ing, I would say that 85% of the silver I have found was in the first month, and I have been doing probably 3 times the volume I ever was for the last 2 months.. Weird, I guess that is how the game goes, and I should keep chugging away??? I was starting this thread to post a update so far this week. last night I picked up two bags of halves (loose) and to my amazement (jk)... the first one was skunkage. (actually I found something I need help identifying). Pics to come later on... Bag two, I found a silver, but not a half dollar. It is an old Italian something... obverse is a pic of a woman, (who I thought looked Asian but nope), with shields all the way around the edge. reverse is of the 3 ships columbus rallied to "discover" this not so undiscovered promise land. It says Repvbblica Italiana L.500. apparently it weighs roughly .29 ozs silva. so that was nice. *Side note: this is the most beautiful foreign coin I have ever seen up to this point. (might have something to do with the fact that its the first silver foreign found). Then today, I picked up four boxes from W.F. I found a total of 4-40%ers in those, which is better than getting skunked, but pretty slim findings... I am still waiting/expecting a box to just blow my mind one of these days... Im thinkin lots and lots of 90%ers and a good variety too... it is time.

Thanks for reading.

Upvote 0

mleblanc138

Feb 24, 2011
Orem, Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since we're both getting boxes from the same warehouses, I think I should chime in that the most 90%s I've ever seen in a box is one. Although I did find a Walker in a box once.

OP
OP
TheRockDoc

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
mleblanc138 said:
Since we're both getting boxes from the same warehouses, I think I should chime in that the most 90%s I've ever seen in a box is one. Although I did find a Walker in a box once.

I had a box from brinks with 3-90%ers last week, (up to that point, the most 90's I had in a box was 1 too..)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread