A bit of silver, a broken detector and a video

bainsey

Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took another trip out today to my usual pasture permission in the hope of getting some more cracking finds as this field has produced me with some of the best finds I have had to date.

I thought I would experiment this morning by using my Cscope 4pi pulse induction beach detector. I had originally hoped it would allow me to get a lot better depth on this field and I though there was very minimal iron to cause any problems, I was wrong though.

As it turns out that the field has loads of iron signals but i had forgot i had been using the Teknetics eurotek with its iron audio feature switched on so just had not noticed had much iron there actually was. I dug several deep nails at around a foot down and had soon got fed up and made the ten minute walk back to the car to get the other metal detector.

I managed a few nice coins, one being a silver Victorian sixpence and some bottle tops but my detector seems to have developed a fault. It is falsing like crazy and i dug multiple holes that produced no finds. In the end i got so frustrated with it that i had to admit defeat and surrender.

It was still a pleasant couple of hours and more nice coins to add to my collection.

Here is the video I hope you like it and subscribe as it encourages me to make more

Upvote 4

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice video and a couple nice coins too. I think we all dig nails now and then (I dug about 10 this weekend) but usually they sound a little broken or the ID bounces around a little more then usual but sometimes I think it's just another nail and it turns out to be a good target maybe masked by an iron item. The more I use my Fisher F75 the more I get used to it and I'm getting better at identifying good targets over iron but if you're not digging at least a little iron you're probably passing up some good targets, Thanks for sharing :icon_thumleft:

65chevy

Aug 3, 2013
Enjoyed the video. Nice coins and in such good shape. The dirt here will destroy anything that's not silver or gold. HH

God Bless
Jeremy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread