A Broken Heart on a Chain, A Couple of Cool Cars & The Usual Clad.....

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Once again I had less than an hour of daylight so I went back to a field where I've scored a few cool old coins and a Civil War token.

After diggin' some clad and trash I got a solid, high hit. For a brief moment I thought I saw some silver in the hole......

Broken Heart & A Couple of Cool Cars Sept.26 2014 001.JPG

Well I did; sorta'.
It's a plated heart with a "T" on it that was once on a chain, both pieces broken, the chain rusted. I almost missed the chain but I double checked the hole and there it was. Oh well; a couple more trinkets for the junk jewelry pile.
Maybe next time.

Then after diggin' some trash and clad for a little while I dug a 2002 Hyundai Tiburon made by Hot Wheels, as well as a '33 Ford Coupe, made by Matchbox in 1997. They were about 40 feet apart. I'm getting a pretty nice collection of toy cars as well.

Broken Heart & A Couple of Cool Cars Sept.26 2014 002.JPG

There's a Moet & Chandon champagne bottle cap in the mix too. For a brief second I thought that was something cool as well.

That's pretty much it for today. It's not much and the heart wasn't solid silver. Given the limited time I had I'm happy for now 'cause at least I was able to get outside for a little while before dark. Tonight's crescent moon was absolutely beautiful.

Tomorrow's another day and the weather is supposed to be perfect all weekend. Hopefully, the weekend hunts will be good ones.
We shall see.

Thanks for looking and HH.

Last edited:
Upvote 4

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Every time I find jewelry that isn't the real deal, I think " but it could have been!". Nice finds.

OP
OP
Garrett424

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Every time I find jewelry that isn't the real deal, I think " but it could have been!". Nice finds.

Me too.
Plus I tell myself that I'm one hole closer to the next great find no matter what I dig, be it trash, pull tabs, Zincolns or whatever.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread