A bunch of coins yo!

French Creek hunter

Dec 8, 2011
Charleston,WV
Detector(s) used
White's Classic 5id, Minelab E-Trac.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll tell you one thing, I've been detecting for about 7 years now and I have never seen so many shallow coins in one area. Most of the time I leave my hand shovel in my bag! I think there was a big bag of money that someone dropped and then someone came along with a lawn mower or a dog and just slung the bag around ripping it open and slinged coins everywhere! I find pennies,nickels,dimes, quarters everywhere, just laying in the grass. Anyhow I have a video to show you what I mean. I've made about $20 in one week in change, found 1 very junky ring, pendant, and some other stuff that I wont show you because I'm sick and lazy today. I hope to be getting a E-Trac in about a month for my 18th birthday, I don't want no party,I want a metal detector and a big civil war battle field to detect in. Happy Hunting peeps.

Last edited:
Upvote 3

ohiowhiteguy

Oct 11, 2012
clermont county ohio
Detector(s) used
coin master pro,,,Garrett at pro,,, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds,, fellow treasure hunter...and happy 18th. to you!!
HH...HBD...
OWG..

OP
OP
F

French Creek hunter

Dec 8, 2011
Charleston,WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ohiowhiteguy- Thanks I can't wait to get a new metal detector. Can't wait to go back to school also, two days without school are some boring days.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes, we all just need a day like that, where the coins come faster than we can dig. Doesn't matter how old they are, just plain fun!

Good job!

HH!

Toby1858

Mar 21, 2009
Springfield Mo.
Detector(s) used
Whites m6
I couldn't get your video to load but, if coins are that easy to find, who cares if there all clad. Bring em' on!! And Happy early Birfday!!!! My oldest daughter turned eighteen last Nov. and tomorrows my second oldest daughter's birthday, fifteen.

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250
Nothing wrong with a good day of hunting and finds jumping out of the grass for you... Congrats :icon_thumright:

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy birthday, sounds like your on your way to great lifelong hobby!

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
Nothing wrong with digging a bucket of clad. And the way you're getting it, you'll be the friend of all the groundskeepers for the school.

I'm saving mine for retirement and have quite a pile right now. I'll be that guy in the news coming to the bank with a number of sacks of coins. Save them up. Use them for an upgrade, for college, for that car you wanted, if you don't need the cash anytime soon. It's kind of a nice fall back fund.

Good hunts. Let us know when you start digging silver there. Seems no one has hit that spot at all.

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your birthday request is a good one!! Lol! I know your hooked, line and sinker! Like DMN said, after you clean up the clad check it again. Wtg!

OP
OP
F

French Creek hunter

Dec 8, 2011
Charleston,WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd rather be metal detecting at a old house than at my school. But I have to drive and get permission and I rather wait to get my E-Trac to detect old home sites. I've been to many old home sites and I have found silver, I found a silver ring at this school. I also found a gold plated ring. I found a wheat penny a long time ago but I confirmed that it wasn't dropped in the same year. I think thats what some people dont get is that you can find a 1860's indian head penny even when you thought the house was built in 1890, because more than likely it was dropped in a different year. Currency stays around for awhile, like even today I find wheat pennies in my change. So just saying.
Anyhow is seems you guys thought I was a beginner, I'm not, just saying. I'm not an expert like some of you guys that have been detecting for 20+ years or even longer. But I have found civil war relics and silver coins,indian head pennies,ect. I've detected beaches also, not very good at it though,lol. I know how to dig holes and fill them back in, it's just very dry, or it was when I filmed this video. Plus I don't like having big plugs for stuff that is on the surface and I don't think there are any grounds keepers at my school.
Anyhow, thank you all for the early birthday wishes, kind of shows how into this hobby I am when I don't want a party or any other gifts, just a detector.

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That says alot for your raisings.....NO PARTY!!!! Just a metal detector.......Congrats on your finds
and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...............HH

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice,Good job!

OP
OP
F

French Creek hunter

Dec 8, 2011
Charleston,WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forgot about this video. This is the same place on the same day. It's just the round up.

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hope you have a happy birthday and get the new MD, good day MDing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread