A/C adapter keeps burning out during electrolysis

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS (Combat Marine retired)
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get a manual battery charger, do not use or buy one that say auto-matic

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found that out also you have to use a good car battery charger.

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
I use a Small Train Transformer, with small trickle charge. If the transformer gets too hot , I just un plug it and it reset's when it cools down, I believe the setting starts at 10 thru 100. good luck goldnugget P/S, I'm cheap, found mine a Goodwill Train Transformer.jpg

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For something like a horseshoe that was found on land or freash water I have a tub filled with Apple Cider Vinigar, just drop it in, wait at least a month, then pull it out and rinse it and brush off any rust flakes, if there is still rust remaining then drop it back in, and repeat until satisfied. This method is fantastic and the results will amaze you, the best part is it is it is effortless. Change your vinigar out every now and then for faster results.
Here is a pic of 2 axes I removed from the vinigar yesturday
20130609_ cider trick.jpg

In this pic you can see how well it worked, the axe was made by taking two pieces and forgeing them together.
20130609_083827.jpg

Warning this method does not work on metal or iron found in salt water.

As for your Xfromer issue, try using less baking soda in your electrolite (1ounce per gal.)and a larger tank with more separation between the artifact and anode. Make sure the anode and artifact do not touch each other as this will defenately fry your Xformer. Voltage really doesn't matter here and a low amperage with more time is better then high amperage and less time.
ZDD
ZDD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread