a cool find

bountyhunter2013

Sep 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi i was mding yesterday and i found this... this is part of what i found out abt it.

"The badge you dug is a relatively rare organization. In Albany, NY the GAR began a group of Sons of Veterans in 1880.The piece of their badge that you dug has lost it attachment from the back. Their ritual and organization very closely copied the Grand Army of the Republic. Many of the veterans resented their Sons copying them as they felt they had earned titles in battles that their sons had not. This branch of Sons were located in New York, Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Competing branches of Sons organized Phila in 1878 and in Pittsburgh in 1881. The National GAR supported the Pittsburgh branch
By 1890 all had merged into the Pittsburgh branch known today as the Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War. "

it is made of bronze and that they only made these badges for 9 years from 1880 - 1889. He said that it was never recorded how many were made but they didn't mass produce them...they made a badge for each new member.

addon.php.jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread