A country ride for Dad & Van

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
A country ride for Dad & Van

Dad here are some shots to remind you of home and bring a smile to your face. I hope you feel better.

Van I promised some farm shots, I hope they came out alright, 45 mph pictures :D. I did get him to slow down to 35 for a few ;).

Gerry actually turned around and stopped so I could get the Vernon post office, when the water is high the water wheel actually works. I wish the Brick farm house came out better but you get the idea, I had to share it. It was cold and raining when we left, on the way home the sun came out and created a steamy effect over the mountains, it was very pretty. The old rusty trucks I've been dying to get a shot of, there is no place to pull over and it's on a corner, so Gerry says make it quick. I jumped up and sat on the edge of the window, I had to edit out the sunroof :D. I asked him to let me take it out the roof, I got the ::).

Enjoy, there is beauty in every day isn't there?

Attachments

• rte 142 003.JPG
    rte 142 003.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 333
  • rte 142 023.JPG
    rte 142 023.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 325
  • rte 142 014.JPG
    rte 142 014.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 333
  • rte 142 010.JPG
    rte 142 010.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 332
  • rte 142 011.JPG
    rte 142 011.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 324
  • rte 142 009.JPG
    rte 142 009.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 323
  • rte 142 007.JPG
    rte 142 007.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 337
  • rte 142 006.JPG
    rte 142 006.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 334
  • rte 142 004.JPG
    rte 142 004.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 337
  • rte 142 005.JPG
    rte 142 005.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 348

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Re: A country ride for Dad & Van

CG thanks for the ride along. Very pretty country,kind of reminds me of Iowa.I like seeing the old trucks,very cool. In the one with the trucks there is an old earth moving equipment sitting there. I worked as a draftsman for Link Belt,wonder if that is one of our old products sitting there. The one of the old mill is pretty cool also.I will save your pictures,and some where down the road,some of that scenery may end up in one of my paintings. For your Dad,hope he is feeling well also.
Van

Country Girls Dad

Aug 26, 2007
Meriden, Ct / Shaftsbury, Vt USA
Detector(s) used
MXT

Great pictures kid, it does make me homesick. I know where you took every one of them!

Thanks for the well wishes honey, and you too Van !

Van, if you use one of her pictures for a painting I'd love to see the end result..........

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

ouuu some cool shots of some cool places! Nice! :)

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202

CG...those are some great photos....love the Post Office/wwater wheel and the old trucks!

Country Girl's Dad...hope you get to feeling better...got a sweet daughter to take some photos to cheer you up! ;D

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS

Dad good thing you cut out when you did or I wouldn't have gotten the rusty stuff :D.

Van, Gerr says it very well may be a Link Belt, he's a heavy equipment operator, he only stopped for me ;) I'd love to see you paint one of the many I'll show you Anything besides farm houses you want to see?

No detecting these places for now, I see may nails in those old farms, I love relics, but man the nails in those places......If all of TN joined me I couldn't clean the places I have permission to detect. :D I think I need some help Dad?

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CG and Van, these are some awesome farms/scenery. Thanks for taking us along for the ride.

Hope Dad gets to feeling better real soon.

;) RR

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

Gorgeous shots sis, thanks for taking us! Sure glad dad is feeling better!

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007

COUNTRY GIRL said:
Dad good thing you cut out when you did or I wouldn't have gotten the rusty stuff :D.

Van, Gerr says it very well may be a Link Belt, he's a heavy equipment operator, he only stopped for me ;) I'd love to see you paint one of the many I'll show you Anything besides farm houses you want to see?

No detecting these places for now, I see may nails in those old farms, I love relics, but man the nails in those places......If all of TN joined me I couldn't clean the places I have permission to detect. :D I think I need some help Dad?
CG I used the name LinkBelt,but our earlier machines also said LinkBelt Speeder or just Speeder. In regards to old fam pictures I keep old farm pictures of old houses,Barnes and old trucks in my file cabinet and then use them for reference material.Now days around here if I spend to much time taking pictures of someones place they think I'm up to no good.Theres some good places in the ones you posted and if I do use them in a painting I will post it for you and your Dad to see. It takes me awhile to do these things I'm a slow painter. Thanks for posting and tell Gerry if he is running FMC or LinkBelt equipment I probably had a part in that machine being built.
Van

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread