A couple days at a new site...old finds!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took the day off work on Friday to hunt a new site. It's close to the river and close to the site I found the 1674 cob, King's American Regiment button and Royal Fusiliers button. I found the site almost immediately but the finds were well scattered...it may even have been hunted before but I don't think so. Found a good handful of coppers (all well worn), a few assorted buttons including a nice silver plated button, a "gold" brass ring, a bunch of musket balls, a cool piece of hardware (which I'll put back into use) and a large shoe buckle frame...biggest one I've found. I'm not finished this site...I'm sure that there's a real keeper in there somewhere!

Attachments

• 16 April 2012 106.jpg
    16 April 2012 106.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 102
Upvote 1

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulation!

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see you guy's up there getting out.:thumbsup: Like the buckle I've got some frags. of those type & always thought that it would be a tuff type to find in whole condition being how it's made.I think mine came from sites that dated later half of the 18th century best I remember.

Take Care,
Pete,:hello:

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 69

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o NIcE old relics and coins .. love the buckle . Found one exactly like that monster , amazing that style survived in one piece . Well Done Romeo

dawg

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks better than what I got yesterday, a lonely flat button for 3 hours of walking through the woods. Pretty cool digs!

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree that your site has not been hunted. At almost every hunted site down this way the hi tones have been cherry picked, and that's why all the tombacs, small buckle pieces, etc, are left. That doesn't seem to be the case at your site. You must be in woods or pasture land too as I've never found a large, intact buckle like yours. The plow usually breaks them up quite a bit in the cultivated fields that I usually hunt. I think you're onto a good spot, and there has to be more. And like you said, there's a good chance a real good one remains to be found. Good luck!

OP
OP
romeo-1

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks better than what I got yesterday, a lonely flat button for 3 hours of walking through the woods. Pretty cool digs!

I'm going to be in your neck of the woods at the end of this month for 3 days conference...tell The Patriot and we'll go on the hunt for a 2nd American!

OP
OP
romeo-1

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree that your site has not been hunted. At almost every hunted site down this way the hi tones have been cherry picked, and that's why all the tombacs, small buckle pieces, etc, are left. That doesn't seem to be the case at your site. You must be in woods or pasture land too as I've never found a large, intact buckle like yours. The plow usually breaks them up quite a bit in the cultivated fields that I usually hunt. I think you're onto a good spot, and there has to be more. And like you said, there's a good chance a real good one remains to be found. Good luck!

Yep...it's a pasture...my favorite kind of ground to hunt!

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds there buddy... Sure that site will produce some more goodies...

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Romeo, very nice shoe buckle frame :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That site looks to have a lot of potential, your first hunt was a good one. I too have found that shoe buckle design, but never intact. I like that drawer pull.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread