A couple I have questions about.

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
Here are 2 points that I don't put with my flint city finds for a couple reasons. A. I'm not entirely sure of their authenticity and B. I like to keep all of my flint city finds together.
The first Dove Tail looking point I acquired through an estate my grandparents had received through the care taking of an elderly couple.

The second point I actually found. I had just moved into a new rental property that had a small portable shed. Where the rain had ran off the shed, it started to wash up gravel that I had assumed been brought in to help level the shed. Needless to say in the gravel wash was this point.

I was just curious if you guys see any signs of them being modern or if they're actually legitimate artifacts. I'll still keep them separate from my other pieces that I find from Flint City but i've just been curious about them and would appreciate some input.

Thanks a ton.

IMG_0649.JPG IMG_0653.JPG IMG_0642.JPG IMG_0648.JPG

Upvote 0

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 1st one looks to be a Hopewell that was reworked and the 2nd one looks to be a Scottsbluff. They look real to me great find:icon_thumleft:

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Nice!! Both look good to me. I don't think scotty on the second one though. Has some nice mineral deposits on it too.

OP
OP
Johnny X

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
That's what I was hoping to hear. That Hopewell might be local. I have heard people talk about a Hopewell campsite not far from where the old couple lived.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread